BioM: Sternitzky, Shirley (1948)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Sternitzky, Kuester
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 24 June 1948)
Sternitzky, Shirley (05 JUNE 1948)
In a double-ring ceremony at the Trinity Lutheran churchhere on Saturday, June 5, Miss Shirley Hope Sternitzky, daughter of Carl Sternitzky of Granton, and Henry Kuester, son of Mr. and Mrs. Gustave Kuester of Loyal, exchanged marriage vows before the Rev. John C. Langholz.
The bride wore a white marquisette gown, fashioned with a lace-edged yoke and a lace ruffle on the full gathered Skirt which extended into a long train, also edged in lace. The fingertip length veil was edged with lace that matched the lace on the dress and train. The veil was caught to a beaded headdress, fashioned in the design of two love birds. She carried a shower bouquet of lilies and deep red roses.
The bridegroom’s sister, Mrs. Henry F. Schmidt of Owen, as matron of honor, wore a light blue taffeta gown, styled with elbow length sleeves and full skirt. She carried a bouquet of yellow and white carnations.
Two sisters of the groom were the bridesmaids. Miss Florence Kuester wore a pink ninon gown, with puffed sleeves and full gathered skirt. Mrs. Edward Rossow was in yellow ninon, which featured a brocaded waist and peplum. All three attendants were headdresses and blusher veils matching their gowns. Miss Kuester’s flowers were pink and white carnations, Mrs. Russow’s were red and white carnations.
Barbara Schefus, a niece of the groom, was flower girl. She was dresses in a white sharkskin formal, a floral headdress and white blusher veil. She carried a bouquet of roses and carnations. Danny Rossow, the ring bearer, wore an all white gabardine suit and carried the rings, tied with white ribbon, on a white pillow.
Attending the groom were a brother of the bride, Douglas Sternitzky, of Granton, best man; another brother, Duane Sternitzky, of Madison and a brother of the groom, Harry Kuester, of Waukesha, groomsmen. Ushers were Herman Schefus and Warren Sternitzky.
The groom’s mother attended the wedding in a dress of green crepe. She wore white accessories and a shoulder corsage of white and pink carnations.
The songs "Because" and "God Bless This Union" were sung by Miss Frances Ann Langholz during the ceremony. Miss Eunice Langholz was accompanist and also played the wedding marches.
Supper was served to 250 relatives and friends in the church basement, and a reception was held there. The four-tiered wedding cake was baked and decorated by Mrs. Herman Schefus and Mrs. Edward Rossow. That evening a dance was held at the Merry Ol’ Gardens in Longwood.
The bride, who attended Zion Evangelical Lutheran school at Granton, has been employed by the Inland Steel Products Company in Milwaukee. Mr. Kuester was graduated from the Loyal high school in 1936. He is now employed at the Pickering welding shop in Waukesha, where the couple will reside.
Out-of-town guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Mike Seidelmann and son, Walter, of Chippewa Falls; Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Kalbes, Mr. and Mrs. Merza Youngs, Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Kuester, Mr. and Mrs. Helmuth Kuester and family of Milwaukee; Mrs Theresa Schefus, Clarence Wegn and Fred Schefus of Fairfax, Minn.; Herman Baheberg of Wyoming, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Halloway of Franklin,Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Harry Wenigar of Danvers, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs.Maynard Kuester, Violet Kuester, Ewald and Elmer Kuester, and Robert Kuester and daughter, Hector, of Winthrop, Minn.;
Mrs. Minnie Galles of Jefferson; Owen Anderson and children, Miss Harriet Dunn, Harry Kuester and Mrs. Gustave Kuester of Waukesha; Duane Sternitzky of Madison, and Mr. and Mrs. August Wittle of Humbird. Many relatives and friends also were present from Loyal, Neillsville, Greenwood, Colby, Marshfield, Ripplinger and Granton.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs