BioM: Larson, Joyce (1956)
Surnames: Larson, Ammentorp, Schauer, Meyer, Kaiser, Flete, Zwiefehafer
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 02/02/1956
Larson, Joyce (1 JAN 1956)
St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Elkader, Ia., was the setting for a pretty candlelight wedding New Year’s night of Miss Joyce Larson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold B. Larson of Garnavillo, and Frederick N. Ammentorp, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thorwald Ammentorp of Owen.
The Rev. L. C. Urlaub performed the double ring ceremony at 7:30 o’clock. Miss Lucia Roggman provided the nuptial music, and accompanied by Mrs. Duane Weges as she sang, "Oh Perfect Love: and "The Lord’s Prayer."
The church chancel was decorated with poinsettias and bouquets of red carnations and white chrysanthemums. White bows and red carnations line the center aisle and white candles tied with red ribbons were in each window.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a floor length gown of white satin with an off the shoulder neckline, basque waist and long bridal sleeves of rose point lace. The full skirt was covered with four layers of net and tulle and panels of rose point lace. Her fingertip veil trimmed with sequins and rhinestones was attached to a queen’s tiara covered with rhinestones, pearls and sequins. She carried a white orchid on a white Bible and a white lace handkerchief, which was carried by her grandmother, Mrs. John Larson, at her wedding. The bride wore a pearl necklace, a gift of the bridegroom.
Miss Janelle Schauer of Washington, D.C., and Miss Sandra Flete of Garnavillo, both close friends of the bride, were maid of honor and bridesmaid, respectively. They wore identical colonial gowns of holly red velvet with matching headdresses, covered with pearls and a small veil.
Miss Carol Meyer and Miss Karolyn Kaiser, cousins of the bride, acted as canle lighters and junior bridesmaids. They wore identical dresses of holly red velvet and matching headdresses of velvet and pearls. All four girls wore long white gloves and carried colonial bouquets of red carnations encircled with white net and centered with white candles. Each wore a pearl chocker, a gift of the bride.
Little Susan Meyer, cousin of the bride, was flower girl. She wore a white taffeta dress covered with white net and trimmed with red velvet ribbons. Her white net headdress was covered with sequins. She carried a small colonial bouquet of red carnations and white net. She was escorted down the aisle by Jerry Meyer, cousin of the bride, who acted as ring bearer. He was dressed in a miniature tuxedo.
Richard Ammentorp of Milwaukee, brother of the bridegroom, and Richard Larson of Garnavillo, brother of the bride, acted as best man and groomsman. Vernon Ammentorp and David Kaiser were ushers. All the men in the bridal party and the bride’s father wore tuxedos.
The reception was held in the church basement and the music was provided by the high school boys quartet, accompanied by Miss Roggman.
The newlyweds left for Milwaukee and other points in Wisconsin to visit relatives. For traveling the bride wore a black dress and coat with winter white accessories.
Mrs. Ammentorp is a graduate of Garnavillo Consolidated High School and Gale Institute Airline School in Minneapolis. For the past year she has been employed in the Navy department and pentagon building in Washington, D.C. Her husband is a third class petty officer in the Navy, where he has served two years. At the present he is stationed on the USS Chilton at Norfolk, Va., as a radar technician.
For her daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Larson chose a navy blue dress with white accessories. The bridegroom’s oldest sister, Mrs. Frank Zwiefehafer of Chippewa Falls, wore a light blue dress with white accessories. They both wore corsages of white orchids and carnations.
Mrs. Ivan Hardt and Mrs. Ronald Priebe presided at the coffee service. Mrs. John Lenth and Mrs. Howard Keehner cut the wedding cake, and Mrs. Richard Clefisch, Mrs. Leslie Decker and Barbara Peterson had charge of the gifts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs