BioM: Straughan, Patricia (1948)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Straughan, Vogel
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (23 Sept. 1948)
Straughan, Patricia (10 SEPT 1948)
During an 8 o’clock candlelight wedding service Friday night, Sept. 10, at the Loyal Methodist church, Miss Patricia jean Straughan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ira L/ Straughan of route one, Owen, and Walter R. Vogel, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ray H. Vogel of route one, Loyal, exchanged marriage vows brfore the Rev. Lee H. Holmes. Mr. Straughan gave his daughter in marriage.
Raymond Boehing of Marshfield, an uncle of the groom, was best man, while Miss Marcia Straughan, sister of the bride, was the maid of honor. Other members of the bridal party were Miss Jean Vogel, sister of the groom, and Stanley Straughan, brother of the bride.
The bride wore a grey suit, with pink accessories, and had a corsage of pink and white roses around a gardenia. Her attendant was in white and pink. Pink, white and yellow carnations formed her corsage.
Mrs. Calvin Prior sang "The Lord’s Prayer" and "I Love You Truly," accompanied by Donna Gotter, who also played the wedding march.
Following the wedding, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. Mrs. Vogel is a graduate of Owen high school, and her husband is a graduate of the Loyal high school, with the class of 1946.
After a wedding trip to northern Wisconsin, the Vogels are residing in a small cottage on the farm of the bride’s parents. They will engage in farming.
Among the guests at the wedding were Mrs, Harvey Wickersham and daughter, Darlene of Chicago, Raymond Boehning and Mr. and Mrs. Joe Newman of Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Reinhold Boehning of Spencer, and Mrs. O. N. Sweeney and Mr. and Mrs. Hosea F. Straughan of Lebanon, Ind.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs