BioM: Pagelow, Violet (1946)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Pagelow, Capelle
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County 02 Dec 1948)
Pagelow, Violet (06 NOV 1948)
Delmar Capelle and his bride of Nov. 6, the former Miss Violet Pagelow, returned on Thanksgiving from a two week wedding trip to the south and are now at home on a farm near here. The two were wed by the Rev. M. A. Braun at St. John and St. Peter Lutheran church in Cleveland.
Miss Marian Mill of Milwaukee was maid of honor, and the bridesmaid were Miss Ada Capelle of Eau Claire, Miss Dorothy Capelle of Loyal and Miss Delores Capelle of Watertown, the first two of whom are the groom’s sisters and the latter his cousin. Diane Hausler of Sheboygan, a cousin of the bride, was flower girl
The best man was Calvin Capelle of Loyal, the groom’s brother. The groomsmen were Kenneth Capelle of Madison, his cousin; Edward Pagellow of Milwaukee, the bride’s cousin, and Wallace Pagelow of Cleveland, brother of the bride. Guests were ushered by Clifford Slater of Milwaukee and Herman Stange of Loyal.
Choir members sang "The Hand of My Shepherd" during the ceremony. Mrs. Laverle Vogel and Mrs. Clarence Witte presented "The Lord’s Prayer" as a duet.
Fifty guests had a 6 o’clock dinner in the church basement. Relatives and friends, numbering 350, were at Al’s Country Club at Newton later for the reception.
Among the guests present were the groom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Philip Capelle, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Blando, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Wehrman and Frank and Herman Stange of Loyal, and Mrs. William Haslow of Spencer.
The bride, daughter og Mr. and Mrs. Walter Pagelow of Cleveland, was office manager at the Cleveland Hardware Co.(Now Thomas Bros.) for the past five years. Her husband graduated from the Loyal high school in 1941 and is a farmer.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs