BioM: Missling, Alvera (1950)
Surnames: Missling, Peterson, Brown, La May, Telford, Duff
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/07/1950
Missling, Alvera (26 AUG 1950)
The Trinity Lutheran Church at Spencer was setting for an early fall wedding which united Miss Alvera Missling, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Missling of Loyal (Clark Co., Wis.), and Kenneth Peterson, son of Mrs. Anna Peterson of Waupaca, in the bonds of holy matrimony. The candlelight service was performed by the Rev. Randolph Mueller at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 1950, at which time the couple repeated their vows to the soft strains of organ music played by Mrs. Arnold Bruesewitz.
Melodious wedding music echoed in the church as relatives and friends gathered to witness the ceremony. Ushers were Alfred Telford of Owen, cousin of the bride, and Vernon Duff of Waupaca, the groom’s cousin. Shortly before the ceremony, Clyde Johnson of Waupaca sang the appropriate hymn, "Oh Perfect Love."
The bride entered the church on the arm of her father, as the organ pealed Lohengrin’s wedding march. Her floor length gown of white organza over shimmering white satin was made with a Peter Pan collar and tiny covered buttons to the waistline. Her billowing hoop skirt fell from a wide satin sash which was tied in a huge bow in back. Her full sleeves were gathered into a wide cuff below the elbow and accented with tiny buttons to the wrist. She chose an organza over satin skull cap, with a crisp shoulder veil of sheer organza. Sheer nylon gloves completed the ensemble. Her arm bouquet consisted of long stemmed snow white roses.
Mrs. Bert Brown of Greenwood, sister of the bride, was matron of honor. She wore a dress of pale blue organza over blue satin, made identical to that of the bride. She carried an arm bouquet of pink roses. Miss Lorraine Missling, another sister of the bride, was bridesmaid. Her gown, also identical to that of the bride, was pink organza over pink satin. Her arm bouquet consisted of pink roses. Both attendants wore matching nylon gloves..
The groom chose his brother, Richard Peterson, and a friend, Roger La May, both of Waupaca, as best man and groomsman, respectively.
The groom met his bride at an altar decorated with garden flowers in season. Immediately after the double ring ceremony was performed, the soloist sang "The Lord’s Prayer."
Mrs. Missling viewed her daughter’s wedding in a pale pink nylon dress, with black accessories. Mrs. Peterson chose a grey crepe dress, and both mothers wore corsages of white and pink rosebuds.
One hundred fifty guests were served at a reception in the church parlors immediately after the ceremony. A large four-tier wedding cake centered the buffet table.
Open house was enjoyed by relatives at the home of the bride from 4:30 until 8 p.m. At that time the young couple bade farewell to their guests and departed for a week’s honeymoon in northern Wisconsin and Michigan. The bride left in a navy blue suit, with navy shoes and purse. A pink skull cap, pink nylon gloves and a crisp pink handkerchief completed the outfit. Her matching jewelry accented the ensemble.
The former Miss Missling was a graduate of the Loyal High School with the class of 1946, and took a two-year home economics course. She is employed by the Waupaca County Highway Department at the present time. The groom was a graduate of the Scandinavia High School with the class of 1942. His service record included the European Theater during World War II. He is employed by Christoph’s Dairy at Waupaca.
The young couple is now residing at 501 West Fulton St., Waupaca. The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs