BioM: Anderson, Donna (1959)
Surnames: Anderson, Eckerle, Ortwein
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 09/17/1959
Anderson, Donna (Marriage - 12 Sept. 1959)
Miss Donna Anderson and Richard Lee Eckerle exchanged marriage vows Saturday, Sept. 12, at 3:00 p.m. at St. Paul’s Evangelical church, Wausau. The Rev. Ortwein officiated at the double ring service.
Parents of the bridal couple are Mr. and Mrs. Gerhardt Anderson of Abbotsford and Mr. and Mrs. Robert Eckerle, of Wausau.
For her wedding, the bride, who was presented in marriage by her father, chose a gown of pink chiffon over net and taffeta. The full skirt billowed from a satin shirred cummerbund. She pinned a corsage of white sweetheart roses and stephanotis to the shoulder line. A white sequin hat and gloves completed her ensemble.
Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Zillman of Wausau, close friends of the couple, were the only attendants.
The matron of honor wore a moss green sheath dress accented by a corsage of yellow sweetheart roses and white stephanotis. With it, she wore a white hat and gloves.
For her daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Anderson was attired in a forest green floral sheath dress with jacket and had white accessories. The groom’s mother wore periwinkle blue with matching accessories. Both mothers had identical corsages of rhubrum lilies.
Following the ceremony, a dinner for the immediate families and close friends was served at the Town House.
After a short honeymoon, Mr. and Mrs. Eckert will make their home at Wausau where the groom operates a Texaco service station and the bride is employed at Hofer Glass Company.
The groom is a graduate of the Wausau senior high school and also attended the University of Wisconsin Extension. The bride is a graduate of the Abbotsford high school and also attended Sacramento State College in California.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs