BioM: Laack, Nancy #2 (1959)
Surnames: Laack, Diedrich, Sprengler, Friedrich, Frome, Gosse, Fischer, Marquette
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 10/29/1959
Laack, Nancy (Marriage - 24 Oct. 1959)
Miss Nancy Laack and Carl Diedrich, both of Milwaukee, exchanged marriage vows Saturday afternoon at Christ Lutheran church. The Rev. F. H. Sprengler performed the double ring ceremony at 2:00 o’clock.
Parents of the couple are Mrs. Daisy Laack of Abbotsford and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Diedrich, Sr., of Colby.
During the nuptial service, Mrs. Norbert Friedrich, accompanied on the organ by Mrs. William Frome, sang "The Lord’s Prayer," and "Because."
The bride, who was given in marriage by her brother, Dan, wore a gown of Chantilly lace and white net over satin. The lace bodice featured long sleeves and a Queen Anne collar. A Queen Anne crown of Chantilly lace, pearls and sequins held her finger tip veil of illusion, detailed with lace inserts. White streamers with red roses showered from the fan shaped bridal bouquet of white gardenias and red roses, centered with a white orchid.
Attending the bride was Miss Betty Laack, the bride’s sister, as maid of honor; Mrs. Dan Laack, sister-in-law of the bride, and Miss Joyce Friedrich, sister of the groom, as bridesmaids. Miss Viki Laack, niece of the bride, was flower girl.
Norbert Diedrich was best man for his brother. Two friends, William Frome and William Marquette, were groomsmen and a nephew, Robert Diedrich, was ring bearer.
Ushers were Arvin Gosse and Valgene Fischer, cousins of the groom.
The bridal attendants were dressed alike in street length dresses of strawberry pink silk organza. They wore a harem design, highlighted with bows. They wore stoles with their frocks and had cap shaped head pieces, outlined with white seed pearls and shoulder length veils of pink net. White gloves and clear plastic shoes completed their ensembles. They carried white lace baskets of pink rosebuds.
The flower girl wore a dainty white polka dot dress over taffeta accented with white bows. Her head dress was like the other attendants and she carried a bouquet of white carnations and red roses with white streamers, designed like the bride’s.
Both mothers chose blue dresses with black accessories and had shoulder corsages of white carnations and red rosebuds.
Following the ceremony, a reception, attended by about 150 guests, was held at the Colby city hall. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at Memorial hall, Dorchester.
Guests at the wedding were from Abbotsford, Dorchester, Medford, Thorp, Colby, Unity, Marshfield, Milwaukee, Stetsonville, Chicago, and Gary, Indiana.
After a honeymoon trip in northern Wisconsin, Mr. and Mrs. Diedrich will make their home at 1505 South 63rd Street, West Allis. The bride, who is a graduate of the Abbotsford high school, is employed as assembler at Allen Bradley Company and the groom is a spinner at Press Steel Tank.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs