BioM: Domine, Shirley M. (1951)
Surnames: Domine, Shefchik, Gotter, Renz, Gregory, Strey
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 05/17/1951
Domine, Shirley M. (5 MAY 1951)
Miss Shirley Mae Domine, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Manuel Domine, and Edward William Shefchik, son of Mr. and Mrs. Emil Shefchik, all of Loyal (Clark Co., Wis.), exchanged nuptial vows at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, May 5, 1951, in St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, with the Rev. Norbert King officiating.
The bride was given in marriage by her father.
She was attired in a gown of white satin designed with a yoke of Chantilly lace, fitted bodice, and peplum.
The yoke and peplum were edged with Chantilly lace ruffles and ruffles of Chantilly also trimmed the skirt and train. A crinoline slip gave a hoopskirt effect to the gown.
Her train length veil was attached to a beaded headdress. She carried a bouquet of Easter lilies and carnations.
The groom’s sister, Miss Eleanor Shefchik, Loyal, was maid of honor. Her gown was of aqua satin trimmed with lace designed with a net yoke. She carried a bouquet of pink carnations.
The bridesmaids, Miss Angie Shefchik, another sister of the groom, and Darlene Gotter, the bride’s cousin, were gowned in aqua satin and pink satin, with bouquets like the maid of honor’s.
Attending the groom were William Renz, Watertown, the groom’s uncle, as best man, and Edward Domine, uncle of the bride, and Arthur Gregory, as groomsmen.
Leo Shefchik, another cousin of the groom, and Arthur Domine, uncle of the bride, ushered for the ceremony.
A wedding breakfast was served at the home of the bride’s grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Strey, and a dinner and supper were served in St. Anthony’s Church auditorium to approximately 125 guests.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at Walter’s Pavilion at Colby.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs