BioM: Hattery, Clara (1951)
Surnames: Hattery, Walde, Berg, Knutson, Schauer, Govig, Mikelson, Fried, Bennett
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 06/21/1951
Hattery, Clara (12 MAY 1951)
Grace Lutheran Church in Eau Claire was the setting Saturday, May 12, 1951, for the marriage of Miss Clara Hattery, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Hattery, Wheeler, and Everett Walde, son of Mrs. Gladys Walde, Altoona.
The Rev. J.N. Quello read the 2:30 o’clock double ring ceremony before an altar decorated with palms and baskets of gladioli.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride carried a shower bouquet of red roses and stephanotis, centered with a white rose corsage. The long sleeved lace bodice of her gown was styled with a Victorian collar, and the skirt and train were ninon over taffeta. Her fingertip veil fell from a Juliet cap.
Marquisette over taffeta formed the gowns worn by the bridal aides, worn with lace jackets having mandarin collars. They carried powder puff bouquets of pink gladioli, with the same flowers worn in the back of their hair.
Miss Dorothy Berg, Tigerton, was maid of honor, wearing a gown of blue, and the bridesmaids, Miss Vila Knutson, Colfax, and Miss Josephine Hattery, Wheeler, sister of the bride, were dressed in yellow.
Louis Walde, Willard, was best man for his brother, and another brother, Carl Walde, Huntley, Ill., served as groomsman with Hollis Schauer, Eau Claire. Stewart Govig was the soloist for the ceremony.
Guests were seated by Robert Schauer, Altoona, and Arthur Mikelson, Eau Claire, Lester Fried and Dick Bennett, all of Eau Claire.
For the wedding and reception following in the church parlors, Mrs. Hattery wore a blue suit with white accessories. A blue print crepe dress with beige accessories was worn by the bridegroom’s mother. Both pinned corsages of white roses to their costumes.
The bride, a graduate of the Luther Hospital School of Nursing, wore a gray glen plaid suit with red accessories and a corsage of white roses for her going away costume. After a week’s wedding trip to northern Wisconsin, Mr. and Mrs. Walde are now living at 1428 First St., W., Altoona.
Mrs. Walde was a resident of the Town of Beaver (Clark Co., Wis.) and has many friends there. From this area Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Kippenhan and daughters, and Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Neeb attended the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs