BioM: Tompkins, Patricia (1959)


Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon



Surnames: Tompkins, Langreck, Genteman, Gall, Aumann, Lange, Eisenmann


----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) May 7, 1959


Tompkins, Patricia (Marriage - 2 May 1959)


St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Neillsville was the scene Saturday of the wedding of Miss Patricia Tompkins and Eugene Langreck. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Fr. Joseph Eisenmann at 9 a.m.


The bride daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Darrell Tompkins of Neillsville was given in marriage by her father.  She wore a floor length gown of French imported hand-clipped rosepoint lace, over nylon tulle and satin.  The bouffant skirt was fashioned with six alternating tiers of lace and tulle, forming a drape effect.  The fitted bodice, with long, fitted sleeves that buttoned at the wrist, was completed with a wing collar closing at the back.  Her ballerina veil of imported silk French illusion, was attached to an open crown of satin with rhinestone trim.  She carried a bridal bouquet of red roses and white stephanotis.


She was attended by Mrs. Anton Langreck as matron of honor.  Her bridesmaids were Mrs. Francis Langreck and Miss Betty Genteman. The attendants were attired in ballerina length dresses of white lace over aqua, and wore matching lace picture hats with open crowns.


The groom, son of Mrs. Francis Langreck and the late Mr. Langreck, was attended by his brother, Anton, as best man.  Another brother, Francis Langreck, Jr., and Darrell Tompkins, Jr., brother of the bride, were groomsmen.  Ushers were Dennis Gall and Charles Aumann.


The nuptial music was furnished by the church choir.


Approximately 150 guests attended the reception held in the American Legion Hall.  The wedding breakfast was served at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Lange, grandparents of the bride. 


Both young people are graduates of the Neillsville High School.  The bride has been employed in a local bank and her husband is a milk hauler.


They will be at home to friends at 209 Clay Street after May 11.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel