BioM: Hedler, Joan (1956)
Surnames: Hedler, Miller, Johansen, Slupski, Halderman, Zillmer, Dickenson, Rudolph, Skong
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/20/1956
Hedler, Joan (8 SEP 1956)
St. Bernard’s Church, Thorp, Wis. was the setting for the wedding of Miss Joan Hedler and Phillip Miller on Saturday, Sept. 8th, 1956. Parents of the young couple are Mr. and Mrs. Leo Hedler, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mr. and Mrs. M. D. Miller, 7609 W. Clarke St., Milwaukee, Wis.
Father A. M. Muckerheide was celebrant of the 9:00 a.m. nuptial Mass and Sister Mary Francisca was organist.
The bride, escorted to the altar by her father, chose a gown of imported white net embroidered in clusters of dainty flowers with the tiered skirt over taffeta extending into a chapel train. Her fingertip veil of imported illusion fell from a crown of fine net outlined with tiny pearls, and she carried a white orchid with purple throat and stephanotis on a white prayer book. Her necklace was of pearls.
Miss Jacqueline Hedler, Thorp, attended her sister as maid of honor, and two other sisters, Janet and Mary Jane, both of Thorp, were the bridal aides, with Mrs. Charles Miller, Milwaukee, Wis., sister-in-law of the groom; Miss Clarice Johansen, Minneapolis, Miss Rita Slupski and Miss Geraldine Hedler, both of Thorp. The bride’s attendants wore identical gowns of two shades of blue in satin finish crystalette and carried long stemmed roses.
Little Joyce Hedler was her sister’s flower girl, dressed in a white frock, carrying an umbrella basket of assorted flowers. Mary Jane Hedler, the junior attendant, also wore white and charred a similar basket of assorted flowers.
Charles Miller, Milwaukee, brother of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Dean Halderman, Elmer Zillmer, Neal Dickenson, Dave Rudolph and Ken Skong of Augusta.
Ushering duties were performed by Jerome Hedler of Thorp, and Dean Miller, Milwaukee, brother of the bridal pair.
The mother of the bride selected a mauve pink Peau de Soi dress with Doir blue accessories for her daughter’s wedding. The groom’s mother attended in a gray dress with pink accessories.
A breakfast was served in St. Hedwig’s parish hall at 12:00 o’clock noon, with covers for 100 guests. The reception at 6:00 o’clock was attended by 350 guests. The hall was decorated in white and blue streamers. Mrs. Malin Malinowski, Thorp, provided organ music during the reception.
After a wedding trip to northern Wisconsin, Mr. and Mrs. Miller will make their home at 826 Robertson St., Milwaukee.
The bride attended Wis. State College at Eau Claire and the McConnell Airline School in Minneapolis. The groom is a student at the Wis. University in Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs