BioM: Vandeberg, Jeanette (1949)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Vandeberg, Will
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 02 June 1949)
Vandeberg, Jeanette (21 MAY 1949)
Miss Jeanette Vandeberg, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Vandeberg of Loyal, and Donald Will, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Will of Colby, exchanged marriage vows on Saturday, May 21, at St. Anthony’s Catholic church here. Officiating at the 8:30 a.m. mass was the Fr. Aloys Zinthefer.
White slipper satin formed the bridal gown. A sweerheart neckline with lace trim styled the bodice, and the peek-a-boo skirt ended in a long lace-edged train. The bride’s fingertip veil fell from a seed-pearl coronet, and she carried a bouquet of pink roses, calla lilies and lilies of the valley.
Mrs. Ralph Will, sister-in-law of the groom, was matron of honor in a white lace gown. Her waist corsage was of daisies and roses.
Miss Rose Will, sister of the groom, and Miss Geraldine Haas were bridesmaids in blue and yellow gowns, respectively, and wore wrist corsages of roses and daisies. Shirley Vandeberg was flower girl for her sister, wearing a white ninon gown. Her colonial style bouquet was also of roses and daisies.
Attending the groom as best man was his brother, Ralph. Other attendants were Ervin Schilliing and John Brill, both of Colby.
A reception and dinner were held for 70 friends and relatives at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Will. A dance was held at Walter’s pavilion near Colby in the evening.
The groom was graduated from the Colby high school and the bride was a 1947 graduate of the Loyal high school. She has been employed in Marshfield.
Following a wedding trip to northern Wisconsin, the couple is at home to friends on the farm of the groom’s father.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs