BioM: Warner, Norma (1956)
Surnames: Warner, Telford, Larson, Jackson, Hedler, Glashof, Slupski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/01/1956
Warner, Norma (27 OCT 1956)
At Our Savior’s Lutheran Church at Greenwood, Norma Warner became the bride of Donald Telford on Saturday, Oct. 27th, 1956. The Rev. I. J. Tanner officiated at the 7 o’clock p.m. candlelight ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Donald D. Warner of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.). The bridegroom’s parents are Mr. and Mrs. Vilas Telford of Thorp (Clark Co.).
Wedding Prayer and O’ Perfect Love were sung by Mrs. Everett Ellingson of Mauston, accompanied by Miss Joanne Jackson, a cousin of the bride, as organist.
A reception was held in the church parlor for guests number 200.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a waltz length gown of white silk shantung with a scooped neckline edged in pearls. It was fashioned with a long torso and full gathered skirt. A white half-pillbox feathered hat and white satin slippers completed her attire. She carried a white orchid with purple throat and white stephanotis on a white lace covered Bible.
Mrs. Thomas P. Larson of Warwick, Va., sister of the bride, attended as matron of honor, wearing a puple shantung dress styled on the same lines as the bride’s dress. Her hat was a fathered purple half-pillbox and her slippers were of purple satin. She carried a bouquet of purple and white Vanda orchids.
Attending the groom was Harold L. Warner of Chetek, Wis., a brother of the bride.
Lawrence Jackson (uncle of the bride) of Greenwood, and Sylvester Hedler, Gerald Glashof and Dan Slupski, friends of the groom, of Thorp, ushered.
The bride’s mtoehr chose a a Dior blue crepe dress with satin trim to wear at her daughter’s wedding, black accessories and white orchid and purple throat corsage.
The groom’s mtoehr wore Rayal blue flannel with a pink feather hat and similar orchid corsage.
The bride has been employed as bookkeeper at Sanna Dairies at Madison.
The young couple will make their home at 525 1.2 Fifth St., Eau Claire, the groom being employed at Dolly Madison Dairies.
Out of town guests, friends and relatives were from: Madison, Loretta, Winchester, Neillsville, Owen, Mauston, Thorp, West Bend, Marshfield, Clayton, Lublin, Chetek, Milwaukee, Spencer, Warwick, Virginia, Brookings, S.D., Chicago, Ill., and Norwich, England.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs