BioM: Przybylski, Florence (1956)
Surnames: Przybylski, Briski, Maslowski, Stimec, Wargolet, Maziarka, Stachnik, Kaeding, Malnar, Zukowski, Liazuk, Marschke, Palac
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/01/1956
Przybylski, Florence (26? OCT 1956)
St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church, Thorp, was the scene on Saturday morning at 10 a.m. of the marriage of Miss Florence Przybylski and John Briski, with Father Piekarski witnessing the double ring ceremony and celebrating the nuptial high mass, which followed.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John J. Przybylski of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and the groom is the son of Mrs. Matt Briski, Greenwood (Clark Co.).
Attending the couple were Miss Pat Maslowski, Marshfield, as her cousin’s maid of honor, Miss Arlene Stimec, Berwyn, Ill., niece of the groom, Miss Estelle Wargolet, Milwaukee, Miss Lillian Maziarka, Chicago, Ill., Miss Genevieve Stachnik, Maywood, Ill., cousin of the bride, and Miss Karen Kaeding, Fall Creek, as bridesmaids. Matthew Malnar, West Allis, was his uncle’s best man, with Chester Przybylski, Thorp, Robert Zukowski, Willard, as ushers, and the following as groomsmen, Richard Przybylski, brother of the bride, Albert Briski, Minneapolis, brother of the groom, Florian Przybylski, cousin of the bride, Dean Liazuk, Stanley, and William Marschke, Rib Lake. Miss Barbara Palac, Chicago, cousin of the bride, and Frank Briski Jr., nephew of the groom, were flower girl and ring bearer.
Wedding breakfast was served at noon for the bridal party and immediate families, and in the evening supper was served to 275 guests. Music in the afternoon and evening by the Jolly Polkateers for the reception at the Quonset Ballroom at Thorp.
The bridal gown of French Chantilly lace and sheer tulle over slipper satin was fashioned with a cour rain. The entire bodice was of lace styled with tapered wrist length sleeves and a square neckline edged in hand clipped scallops, jeweled with seed pearls and sequins over a pleated cuff effect of tulle. Tier over tier of tulle ruffles created the bouffance of the skirt with a draped hip yoke and seeping train. Lace floral patterns embroidered with the pearl and sequin motif were appliqued around the overskirt. Her fingertip length veil of silk illusion fell from a crown of seed pearls and sequins. She carried a shower bouquet of large white mums and pompons tied with white satin ribbon.
The maid of honor wore a floor length gown of emerald green velveteen and net over taffeta fashioned with a long basque bodice of velveteen with matching shoulder shrug. Three gathered flounces of net fashioned the hooped skirt. A matching hair braid crown was worn with a circle veil. The bridesmaids’ gowns were identical to that of the maid of honor. They carried baskets of yellow and bronze china mums and pompons.
Little Miss Palac as flower girl wore an all white floor length gown, styled identically to the bride’s, and wore a headpiece of seed pearls and sequins. She carried a miniature bouquet of the bride’s.
The bride’s mother wore a champagne beige dress with brown accessories and the groom’s mother was present in a navy flowered dress with navy accessories. Both had orchid corsages. The church altars were decorated with flowers and palms. After the mass, the choir sang.
Following a week’s honeymoon in northern Michigan and Canada, they will reside in Greenwood.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs