BioM: Swiontek, Virginia (1957)
Surnames: Ogurek, Swiontek, Jalowitz, Dobryznski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/17/1957
Swiontek, Virginia (5 OCT 1957)
Virginia Swiontek, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Swiontek, became the bride of Edwin Ogurek, son of Mr. and Mrs. Al Ogurek of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), in a ceremony performed by Rev. Francis Piekarski at St. Hedwig’s Church here at ten o’clock Saturday morning, Oct. 5th, 1957.
The couple was attended by Al Jalowitz, as best man and Margaret Jalowitz, sister of the bride, of Withee, Wis. Richard Swiontek, brother of the bride, and Kathy Dobryznski, cousin of the bride, were the junior attending couple. LaVerne Ogurek, Chicago, sister of the groom, was maid of honor.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was attired in a floor length gown of Chantilly lace and tulle over net and satin fashioned with fitted lace bodice, jeweled collar and long tapering sleeves and bouffant skirt appliqued in lace points extended over net and satin. A tiara, set with iridescents and pearls, held the imported silk illusion veil. Her flowers were a bouquet of stephanotis, centered with a purple orchid and tied with a white streamer.
The maid of honor and bridesmaids were dressed in blue gowns of velvet and net with matching headpieces. They carried colonial bouquets of pink and white carnations and wore the bride’s gifts of pearl chokers.
The bride’s mother attended the ceremony in a blue wool dress and wore a corsage of red roses. The groom’s mother was attired in blue with a red rose corsage.
After the ceremony, dinner was served to friends and relatives at the home of the bride’s parents, and the reception was held at Marion Sciezor’s Hall near Lublin in the evening.
The bride and groom are both graduates of Thorp High School and have been employed in Chicago where they will make their future home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs