BioM: Miller, Jewell M. (1952)

Contact: Stan

Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

 

Surnames: Hill, Miller

 

----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.)   11/13/1952

 

Miller, Jewell M. (1 NOV 1952)

 

Of interest to relatives and former schoolmates is the announcement of the marriage on Nov. 1, 1952 of Miss Jewell Muriel Miller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Louie Miller, North Chicago, Ill., and Pfc. Grant Hill, son of Mr. and Mrs. Grant Hill, Sr., Soldier’s Grove, Wis.

 

Pastor Earl Butts of Waukegan, Ill. officiated at the double ring ceremony before an altar decorated with baskets of white mums.  The marriage was performed at the home of the bride’s parents on 1634 Park Avenue.

 

The bride wore a wine colored suit with navy accessories.  Her corsage was of white roses tied with a white ribbon.

 

Mrs. Fred Hill, sister-in-law of the groom, was maid of honor.  She wore a forest green suit with black accessories.  Her corsage was of pink roses.

 

Fred Hill, Reedsburg, Wis., a brother of the groom, was best man.

 

The bride’s mother wore a purple dress for the occasion.  The groom’s mother wore a beige suit.  Each had a corsage of white carnations with contrasting ribbon.  The wedding ceremony was recored on a wire recorder.  A reception followed the ceremony.

 

The newlyweds are spending a month’s honeymoon in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

 

Those who attended from this area were Mrs. Norman Miller, Leslie and Marilyn, Granton, Mrs. Amelia Miller and Mrs. Arthur Mellenthin, Spencer.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE