BioM: Clifton, Sandra L. (1958)
Surnames: Clifton, Gross, Tolshow, Zoelner, McNeight, Beiser, Blake
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 09/11/1958
Clifton, Sandra L. (6 SEP 1958)
Zion Lutheran Church in Stratford was the scene of the wedding Saturday of Miss Sandra Lee Clifton and Raymond Gross. Parents of the couple are Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Clifton, Stratford, former Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) residents, and Mr. and Mrs. Ray Gross, Three Lakes. The groom’s parents are former Marshfield residents.
The Rev. Carl Schulte officiated at the ceremony before an altar banked with white gladioli. Paul hale, Stratford, accompanied by Mrs. Carl Schulte, sang "The Lord’s Prayer" and "Because."
As the bride approached the altar on the arm of her father, she wore a white floor length gown of lace over satin. The fitted bodice was trimmed with seed pearls and the full net skirt was styled with a bustle and train. She carried a bouquet of white roses and ivy. Her veil fell from a headband of seed pearls.
Matron of honor was the bride’s sister, Mrs. Gene Tolshow, Wausau, and bridesmaids were Miss Jeanne Zoelner and Miss Patricia McNeight of Stratford. They wore off the shoulder gowns of orchid and white nylon with bonnets of orchid straw and carried baskets of white and orchid daisies.
Robert Beiser, Green Bay, was best man, and ushers were the bride’s brother, Aaron Clifton and Richard Blake of Milwaukee.
Following a 2:00 o’clock dinner in the church dining room, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents from 3:00 to 5:00 o’clock in the afternoon.
Mrs. Gross attended the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, and Mr. Gross is a senior at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, where he is a center on the varsity basketball team.
Following a wedding trip to Canada and New York, the couple will make their home in Madison.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs