BioM: Anderson, Dorothy (1959)
Surnames: Anderson, Bjornstad, Wiersig, Sneed, Dickenson, Mandel, Ceislik, Strohkirch, Blazer
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 02/19/1959
Anderson, Dorothy (7 FEB 1959)
Miss Dorothy Anderson exchanged marriage vows with James Bjornstad before the Rev. Ralph Claybaugh on Saturday afternoon, Feb. 7th, 1959. They are both of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) and the daughter and son of Mr. and Mrs. Sig Anderson and Mr. and Mrs. Arne Bjornstad, all of Owen. The 1:00 o’clock ceremony was held in the First Congregational Church at Owen.
Karen Potocnik accompanied David Jablonic on the organ for his solos, "O Promise Me" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
Miss Anderson approached the altar which was decorated with white chrysanthemums, on the arm of her father. She wore a ballerina length white satin dress styled with a fitted bodice, three-quarter length sleeves, and scoop neckline with sequin and rhinestone trim. A shoulder length veil was held to a headpiece trimmed with sequins and rhinestones. A white and pink camellia bouquet completed her attire.
Miss Janice Wiersig of Colby attended as maid of honor. Mrs. Charles Sneed, Waukegan, Ill. was bridesmaid for her sister and was escorted by her husband, Charles Sneed. Miss Wiersig’s escort was Lyle Dickenson of Withee. Miss Marlys Mandel of Colby, as the other bridesmaid, was escorted by Phil Ceislik of Owen.
Ushers were Jerry Strohkirch and David Blazer.
Wedding day events consisted of a reception in the Woodland Hotel in Owen.
Mrs. Bjornstad is a graduate of the Colby High School and has been employed by the Abbott laboratories in North Chicago, Ill. Her husband is a graduate of the Owen-Withee High School and is employed by Johnson Motors at Waukegan, Ill.
After a wedding trip through southern Wisconsin they will make their home in Waukegan.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs