BioM: Rosin, Gertrude M. (1959)
Surnames: Rosin, Johnson, Buttman, Blaire, Schmidt, Schmitt
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/09/1959
Rosin, Gertrude M. (27 JUN 1959)
During 7:30 p.m. services in the First Evangelical and Reformed Church of Colby, Saturday, June 27th, 1959, the Rev. Victor Grossheusch officiated at the wedding of Miss Gertrude Mary Rosin and Gary John Leo Johnson. They are the daughter and son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Rosin Sr., Curtiss (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mr. and Mrs. J. E. Johnson, St. Paul.
Herbert Juneau sang "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
Pink and white gladioli decorated the church when the bride, escorted by her father, came down the white carpeted aisle in a gown of organza and Chantilly lace. The ballerina length skirt had inserts of lace that topped a tulip flounce. A Sabrina neckline and shirred sleeves styled the bodice. Her illusion veil fell from a tiara crown, and she carried a cascade bouquet of white carnations surrounding a white orchid.
Miss Irene Buttman, Grand Rapids, Mich., donned a gown of pale pink chiffon over pink taffeta, with white chiffon yoke and white back streamers. Pink veiling was caught to her pink headband, and she carried a colonial bouquet of pink and white gladioli tied with white satin streamers.
A street length gown of frosted white nylon over pink taffeta with lace inserts formed the gown of the flower girl, Antoinette Blair, Minneapolis, Minn.
Mr. Robert Blaire, Minneapolis, was best man and Adolph Schmidt, Grand Have, Mich., and Conrad Schmitt, St. Paul, ushered.
The couple greeted guests at a reception in the church hall and at a wedding dance at the Atwood Hall. They will honeymoon in the southwestern states before taking up residence at 606 Portland Av. In St. Paul, where the groom is employed by the Northwestern Bell Telephone Co. He is a graduate of Washington High School, St. Paul, and she was graduated from Grand Have High School, Grand Haven, Mich., and Cleary Business College, Ypsilanti, Mich.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs