BioM: Gulczynski, Darlene Ann (1959)
Surnames: Gulczynski, Mikolainis, Mick, Skrzenta, Eklund, Hamerla, Glenetski
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 10/29/1959
Gulczynski, Darlene Ann (24 OCT 1959)
Miss Darlene Ann Gulczynski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Louis Gulczynski, route 3, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Donald Jerome Mikolainis, son of Mr. and Mrs. Casey Mikolainis, route 1, Withee, were married by Father Disher in St. Hedwig’s Church in Thorp Saturday at 10:00 a.m.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a floor length gown of appliqued and embroidered nylon tulle over ivory bridal satin. The semi-scoop neckline and tapered sleeves were accented with sequins. A tiara of orange blossoms held her fingertip veil edged in lace. She carried white carnations and stephanotis on a prayer book.
Miss Johanna Mikolainis was maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Miss Claire Hamerla and Josie Glenetski of Wausau, and Miss Lou Ann Gulczynski. They wore identically styled nylon sheer over taffeta, the maid of honor in cotillion blue and the bridesmaids in coral. The gowns featured scalloped neckline, short sleeves and shirred cummerbunds. They wore straw braid coronets with pearl drop trim. Each carried a bouquet of carnations to match her gown.
Diane Gulczynski was flower girl and David Gulczynski was ring bearer.
Attending the groom were Ken Mick of Gilman, Donald Gulczynski, James Skrzenta of Chicago, Robert Gulczynski and Ronald Eklund of Chicago.
The ceremony was followed by a dinner, reception and wedding dance in St. Hedwig’s parish hall.
After a wedding trip through the northwester states, the couple will reside at 1232 Florence Ave., Evanston, Ill. The groom attended the Wausau Vocation School and is no a machinist. The bride attended St. Mary’s School of Nursing, Wausau, and has been employed at the Stanley Memorial Hospital.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs