BioM: Kirby, Marion (1941)

Contact:stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

 

Surnames: Kirby, Seelow, Houghton, Senske, Stevens, Jennings

 

----Source: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/12/1941

 

Kirby, Marion (2 JUL 1941)

 

On Wednesday, July 2nd, 1941, at 6:30 p.m., in a double ring ceremony, Miss Marion Kirby, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Archie Kirby of Humbird (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Mr. Arnold Seelow, son of Mrs. Martha Seelow of Neillsville.  The Rev. Bauman officiated.

 

The bride wore a street length dress of dusty pink with matching accessories.  The corsage was pink and white roses.  The groom wore a dark green suit with a carnation boutonniere.  They were attended by Mr. and Mrs. Everett Senske of Fairchild, sister and brother-in-law of the bride.  Mrs. Senske wore a blue crepe dress with pink and blue trimmings and Mr. Senske wore a dark green suit.

 

After the ceremony a reception and luncheon were held at the bride’s home for relatives and friends.  The tables were beautifully decorated in pink and white, the bride’s table decoration was a huge wedding cake, baked by Miss Leona Houghton.  After the luncheon a wedding dance and shower were given in their honor at the Silver Dome.

 

Sunday, July 6, Miss Daisy Stevens and Mrs. Roy Jennings entertained at a miscellaneous shower in their honor at the home of the bride’s parents, when they received many beautiful and useful gifts.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seelow will reside on the farm of the groom’s mother in Pine Valley (Clark Co., Wis.).

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE