BioM: Schellinger, Jane (1956)
Surnames: Schellinger, Castner
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, WI 03 May 1956)
Schellinger, Jane (14 APR 1956)
On April 14th at 9 o’clock, St. Rose of Lima Church of Milwaukee was the scene of the wedding of Miss Jane Arlene Schellinger, Milwaukee, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Schellinger of Loyal and Calvin M. Castner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Forest Castner, West Allis.
The ceremony was performed by Msg. John Clark, followed by a breakfast at the home of the bride’s sister.
The bride was attired in a white nylon scalloped ruffled gown. It was full length with a scoop neckline. Pearls and sequins decorated the bodice.
Her veil was secured by a lace hat trimmed with sequins and pearls. She carried a bouquet of white orchids, carnations and stephanotis.
Miss Joan Darlene Schellinger, sister of the bride, was matron of honor, Mrs. Carol Dionne, the groom’s sister Milwaukee and Miss Sharon Denk of Loyal were bridesmaids. They wore full length gowns of light orchid crystalette with dropped necklines with matching picture hats. They carried baskets of tinted Lilac carnations.
Little Susan Schellinger, also a sister of the bride, attired in a gown of nylon net ruffles over satin similar to the of the bride was flower girl. Michael Castner, brother of the groom was the ring bearer.
The groom chose Donald Dionne brother-in-law of the groom as his best man. Richard Shellinger, Janesville, brother of the bride and Tom McCormick, Milwaukee were groomsmen.
A reception was held at Stantons Hall.
Out of town guests were from Loyal, Greenwood, Marshfield, Thorp, Oshkosh, Elco, Fond du Lac, Hartford, Fox Lake. Janesville, Colgate, Menomine Falls, and Chicago, Illinois.
After a honeymoon in Illinois the young couple will reside at 5430 W. Beloid Rd., Milwaukee.
The groom is employed at the Falk Corp. and the bride is employed doing office work at West Allis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs