Church: Junction - Czestochowa St. Mary’s (Gold Jubilee - 1 Jun 1958)
Surnames: Brsostrowicz, Kamla, Kaim, Sobczyk, Andrzeiewski, King, Piekarski, Mathieu, Symbal, Mysliuski, Matusek, Bania, Treacy
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 06/19/1958
On Sunday, June 1st, 1958, St. Mary’s Czestochowa parish, located three miles northeast of Stanley, Wis., and five miles northwest of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), celebrated its Golden Anniversary of the dedication of the church. A solemn High Mass at 11:00 a.m. in the church, inaugurated the day’s festivities. Many parishioners, former parishioners and friends of the parish, attended.
The Celebrant of the Mass was Rev. F. Brsostrowicz, Stevens Point, Wis. he was assisted by other former pastors, Rev. Jerome Kamla of Knowlton, Wis., as deacon and Rev. Ernest Kaim of Junction City, Wis., as sub-deacon, and also Rev. Edward Sobczyk of Trempealeau, Wis.
Before the inspiring sermon preached by Rev. Stanley Andrzeiewski of Mondovi, Wis.a congratulatory letter written by His Excellency, the Most Rev. John T. Treacy of La Cross Diocese, was read.
Other priest attending mass and Golden Jubilee dinner were: Rev. Norbert King of Loyal, Rev. Francis Piekarski of Thorp, Rev. George Mathieu of Stanley and a Rev. Father from Cornell.
Music at the Mass was rendered by the Ladies’ Choir under the direction of Mrs. Bernice Symbal, organist.
The church altars were beautifully decorated by the Sisters of St. Hedwig’s parish of Thorp. There were gold flowers with gold leaves set in gold vases and golden emblems signifying 50 years.
The church dining hall was also decorated in appropriate colors for the occasion. A beautiful center piece of gold leaves attached with golden 50’s made by Mrs. Julia Mysliuski and Marie Matusek, adorned the main table along with a beautifully decorated 3-tier golden anniversary cake made by Mrs. Walter Bania.
A turkey and ham dinner was served to friends, former parishioners, and parishioners who took part in the festivities.
A dance held in the evening, sponsored by the Rosary Society, closed the day’s festivities.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.