BioM Scribner, Karen (1958)
Surnames: Scribner, Zaske, Jeffery, Hornigold, Turenne, Ludkey, Swiernoff, Brown, Barwick, Steinhofer, Rondorf
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/03/1958
Scribner, Karen (28 JUN 1958)
Tall candelabras, baskets of white gladioli with blue delphiniums at the altar decorated the Methodist Church at Cumberland, Wis., for the wedding at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 28th, 1958.
Karen Scribner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ervin Scribner of Comstock, Wis., and Gene Zaske, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Ray Arndt of Thorp (Clark Co.), Wis. were married in a double ring ceremony performed by the Rev. Arvid Morey.
Musical selections of "Song of Ruth" and "The Lord’s Prayer" were sung by Mary Barwick of Racine, Wis., accompanied by another friend of the bride, Miss Deanna Steinhofer of Bloomington, Wis., as organist.
Immediately following the ceremony the couple was feted at a reception in the church parlors where the blue and white theme was carried out with the bridal bouquets for flower arrangements on the tables.
Friends and classmates of the bride and groom were chosen to assist at the reception by pouring, keeping the guest book and gift book.
For her marriage the bride chose a traditional white satin, floor length gown, fashioned with a scoop neckline and long sleeves coming to points at the wrist. Her nylon fingertip veil was attached to a pleated headpiece. Her bouquet of baby orchids later was detached for her going away corsage.
Her attendants, Patricia Jeffery of Cumberland, a friend and Nancy Hornigold of Wis. Rapids, Wis., a friend were in blue nylon taffeta frocks cut to a V in the back, fashioned with a crisscross sash and cummerbund. They wore matching blue earrings, a gift from the bride, to complete their ensemble. Their bouquets were of white mums and blue asters.
Attending the groom, attired in midnight blue tuxedos with white jackets, were Roger Turenne of Thorp, Wis., a friend, and Lloyd Ludkey of Fond du Lac, Wis., a friend. Serving as ushers were: Mike Swiernoff of Minneapolis, Minn., a friend and Howard Brown of Milwaukee, Wis., a friend, M. Scribner gave his daughter in marriage. They wore white carnations and blue and white carnation boutonnieres respectively.
For her daughter’s wedding. Mrs. Scribner wore a dress of pink lace with white accessories with a corsage of blue and white carnations centered with a white orchid. The groom’s mother wore a dark beige taffeta and chiffon dress with light beige accessories and a corsage of white carnations, centered with a yellow orchid. The groom’s grandmother, Mrs. R.J. Rondorf, dressed in navy blue, was honored with a corsage of pink and white carnations.
The bride is a graduate of the Cumberland High School class of 1954 and the University of Wisconsin in 1958.
The groom attended high school at Neillsville and is a graduate of the Thorp High School class of 1954, and the University of Wisconsin class of 1958.
After June 30th the newlyweds will be at home at 3238 Bryant Ave. So., Minneapolis, Minn., where the groom is employed at Pillsbury Mills.
Guests were from Cumberland, Thorp, Wis. Rapids, Fond du Lac, Milwaukee, Granton, Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Neillsville, Bloomington, Jefferson, Spooner, Madison, Barranette, and Comstock in Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Mound, Virginia City, Fairmont and Duluth, Minn., Los Angeles, Calif., Ayrshire and Cedar Falls, Iowa.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs