BioM: Schommer, Mary Jo (1958)
Surnames: Dulek, Schommer, Frey, Loisella
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/03/1958
Schommer, Mary Jo (7 JUN 1958)
Miss Mary Joe Schommer, River Falls, daughter of Mrs. Matt Schommer, Prescott, became the bride of Clarence Dulek, son of Mr. and Mrs. Leo Dulek, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), Saturday, June 7, 1958 at 9:30 a.m. at St. Mary’s Church, Big River, Wis. Father J. J. Burggrof of River Falls officiated at the nuptial mass.
The bride, given in marriage by her brother, Clair Schommer, River Falls, wore a floor length gown with a skirt of net over taffeta with lace insertions and wide scalloped neckline. Her fingertip veil fell from a pearl beaded cap. She carried a white prayer book, trimmed with red roses and rose bud streamers, which was carried by her mother 50 years ago.
Miss Alvera Schommer, River Falls, sister of the bride, was maid of honor and bridesmaids were Joanne Frey, Prescott, sister of the bride, and Lorraine Loisella, Chippewa Falls, sister of the groom.
The maid of honor wore a yellow ballerina length gown of frosted brocade nylon and carried a colonial bouquet. The bridesmaids wore gowns of orchid identical to the maid of honor’s, and also carried colonial bouquets.
Wilbur Dulek, Sanford, Florida, brother of the groom, was best man, groomsman was Matt Schommer, Prescott. Ushers were Paul Frey, Prescott and Leland Loisella, Chippewa Falls.
A dinner was held at the home of the bride’s mother and a reception for 150 guests was held at the Glen Park Lodge.
Mr. Dulek attended St. Bernard’s Grade School and Wis. State College at River Falls. The bride attended St. Mary’s Parochial Grade School, Big River, Wis., and Prescott High School.
After a wedding trip through northern Wisconsin, the couple will make their home at 408 Hillcrest, River Falls, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs