BioM: Wegner, Vivianne (1958)
Surnames: Wegner, Malecki, Przybylski, Venet, Lesniewski, Kaminski, Jarocki, Ceslik, Pawlak
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/10/1958
Wegner, Vivianne (17 JUN 1958)
On Tuesday, June 17th, 1958, at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church, Thorp, was the beautiful setting wedding day of Miss Vivianne Wegner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Wegner, Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mrs. Richard M. Malecki, son of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Malecki, Thorp.
Before a beautifully decorated altar of gladioli and peonies, the Rev. Francis Piekarski performed the 10:00 o’clock double ring ceremony.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was radiant in a lovely chapel length bridal gown which was fashioned of Chantilly lace, gossamer drifts of nylon tulle over heavy skimmer satin. The lace fitted bodice was detailed with scalloped Sabrina neckline with iridescent sequins and seed pearls and the wrist length tapered sleeves.
The redingote effect, retold in a sentimental swirl of Chantilly clusters of iridescent sequins and embroidered lace flowers grace the tulle front, the back of 8 alternate tiers of lace and tulle swept into a train.
An iridescent sequins and seed pearls trimmed scallop double crown held the English pure silk fingertip illusion veil which featured a 6-inch English scalloped lace.
The bride’s jewelry was a cultured pearl necklace and earrings and a gold Swiss Wristwatch, a gift of the groom.
The bride’s bouquet featured a crescent shape with a large white flocked ribbon, centered with a large white orchid, white roses, and white gladioli.
The maid of honor was Miss Joanne Przybylski, Thorp, cousin of the bride. She wore a gown of sunshine yellow, net and lace over taffeta styled the Intermission length gown. Gathered tiers of net with double rows of tiny gathers of lace accented the bell shaped skirt. A fitted bodice with a matching bolero jacket completed the gown. Her headpiece was a sisal braided tiara with circle blusher veil. She carried a large bouquet of white gladioli, outlined with green fernery with yellow ribbon interspersed to match her gown. She wore a heart-shaped moonstone necklace and earrings to match her gown, a gift of the bride.
Attending bridesmaids were: Miss Sharon Malecki, Thorp, sister of the groom, gowned in candy pink, Mrs. Lorraine Venet, Thorp, sister of the groom, gowned in powder blue, Miss Cecelia Lesniewski, Thorp, friend of the bride, gowned in candy pink, Miss Lou Ann Kaminski, Thorp, cousin of the bride, gowned in powder blue. Jr. bridesmaids were: Miss Mildred and Miss Margaret Jarocki, Withee, cousins of the bride, gowned in sunshine yellow.
The bridesmaids were all dressed identically to that of the maid of honor. Their bouquets were identical, also to the maid of honor’s, except for matching ribbons to match match their gowns. They all were heart shaped moonstone necklaces and earrings in colors to match their gowns, a gift of the bride.
The groom chose Edwin Wegner, brother of the bride, as best man. Groomsmen were: Ray Venet, Thorp, brother-in-law of the groom, and Bruno Jarocki, Withee, cousin of the bride, and Richard Ceslik, Owen, cousin of the groom. The groom and all his attendants wore white dinner jackets and dark trousers with white carnation boutonnieres. Cuff links and tie clasps were presented to them as a gift of the groom. The groom’s gift was a billfold and matching key locket was a gift of the bride.
Gail Pawlak, Withee, was flower girl. She wore a white gown of nylon and lace over taffeta. Her skirt was an open panel of nylon ruffles. Her headpiece was a sisal braided tiara with a circle blusher veil. She carried a bouquet of pink ribbons and carnations. Allan Jarocki, Thorp, was ring bearer. He wore a white jacket and dark trousers with a carnation boutonniere. He carried a heart shaped pillow.
While the choir sang "On This Day O Beautiful Mother," the bride carried a bouquet to the altar of the Blessed Virgin and the groom went to the altar of Saint Joseph Sister Madeja of Junction City, played the organ, while St. Hedwig’s choir sang.
A dinner for 90 ugests was served in St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall and a reception in the evening.
The mother of the bride wore a gray nylon lace and tulle over pink taffeta dress with pink and white accessories.
The brother of the groom wore a beige satin sheath with metallic print and white accessories. Both mothers wore corsages of white gladioli.
After a short wedding trip through northern, Wis. and Minnesota, the happy couple will make their home at Withee, where the groom is employed by the Francis Melvin Construction Co.
A Wedding march was played by David Przybylski and in the evening music was furnished by the Mike Kryzanski Orchestra.
Out of town guests were from Withee, Owen, Abbotsford, Chicago, Ill., Colby, Green Bay, Eau Claire, Kaukauna, Stanley, Lublin, Gilman and Harvey, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs