BioM: Ciolkosz, Marlene (1958)
Surnames: Ciolkosz, Soborowicz, Pryzybylski, Healy, Haas, Smoczyk
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/04/1958
Ciolkosz, Marlene (23 AUG 1958)
St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church, Thorp, Wis., was the scene of a mid-summer wedding on Saturday, Aug. 23, 1958, when Miss Marlene Ciolkosz became the bride of Frank Soborowicz. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Ciolkosz of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.) and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Soborowicz Sr., of Thorp.
Escorted to the altar by her father, the bride wore a floor length gown of "Peau d’ange" lace and tulle over net and satin. Sequins and pearls outlined the Queen Anne collar of the fitted Basque having long tapering sleeves. A half pill box crown headpiece was trimmed in sequins and pearls and held in place by a scalloped illusion veil.
The bridal aides wore ankle length gowns of ruffled lace and net with matching bolero jackets. They carried tear drop bouquets of yellow roses and stephanotis, and completed their attire with braided tulle crowns with matching blusher veils. A gown of yellow was worn by Phyllis Ciolkosz, sister of the bride, who served as maid of honor, and identical gowns of orchid were worn by Judy Ciolkosz, Charlene Ciolkosz, and Stefanie Soborowicz.
Nieces of the bride, Jean Przybylski and Maureen Healy, served as flower girls and were also attired in yellow net over taffeta with matching headpieces. They carried miniature tear drop bouquets. Christine Haas, miniature bride, wore a dress identical to that of the bride’s. Her bouquet was similar to the bride’s.
Tuxedos were worn by Archie Soborowicz, brother of the groom, who served as best man, Raymond Soborowicz, cousin of the groom, and Michael Smoczyk, and Eddie Ciolkosz, cousins of the bride, served as groomsmen.
Mother of the bride wore a royal blue sheath dress with light blue accessories. Mother of the groom wore a light blue sheath dress with white accessories. Their corsages were red roses and stephanotis.
The reception was held at St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall in Thorp, Wis., serving 500 guests.
Guests attending the wedding came from Cicero, Berwyn, Chicago, Sheboygan, Park Falls, Chippewa Falls, and Minneapolis.
After a wedding trip to Niagara Falls and Canada, they will reside at Cicero, Ill., where both are employed.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs