BioM: Petrulis, Sylvia G. (1958)
Surnames: Petrulis, Swienton, Pulokas, Maske, Graikowski, Milaknis, Pawlak, Krzyanski, Wnek
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/11/1958
Petrulis, Sylvia G. (18 AUG 1958)
Miss Sylvia Genevieve Petrulis, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Petrulis, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Richard Vernon Swienton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Swienton, also of Thorp, were married on Monday, Aug. 18, 1958 at 10 o’clock nuptial mass in St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church in Thorp. The Rev. Constant Chilicki officiated. Alois Ciolkosz was organist and sang, accompanied by his wife, during the nuptial Mass.
As the bride was given in marriage by her father, she wore a white gown styled with embroidered nylon organza, a scalloped neckline and long sleeves. Her fitted bodice was fashioned with a satin bow. A sort train and fingertip veil falling from an open crown completed her attire. She carried a cascade arrangement of orchids and stephanotis.
The bride chose Miss Patricia Pulokas to be maid of honor, with Misses Jo Maske, Milton, Mary Graikowski, berlin, and Vita Milaknis, Chicago, as bridesmaids. The maid of honor wore a gown of pure silk organza with scoop neckline and harem skirt. A cascade bouquet of white roses completed the raspberry pink shade of her dress.
Similar gowns of royal blue were worn by the bridesmaids, and they carried cascades of pink roses in their bouquets. They were escorted by the groom’s attendants, Bill Pawlak as best man, and Ted Krzyanski and Jerry Wnek as groomsmen.
After the ceremony, dinner was served, with an afternoon reception and an evening supper following. All events took place in St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall. The groom, a graduate of Thorp High School, was recently discharged from the U.S. Army. The bride, a graduate of Withee High School and Wis. State College at Whitewater, will teach this fall at Cornell High School. They will honeymoon in northern Wisconsin and Minnesota.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs