BioM: Nickel, Nita R. (1959)
Surnames: Nickel, Lato, Schwaab, Phillips, Kocik, Orlinski
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 04/30/1959
Nickel, Nita R. (4 APR 1959)
Miss Nita R. Nickel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Nickel of Cudahy, Wis., became the bride of Edward V. Lato, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Lato of Rt. 1, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), in a ceremony performed by Pastor Weber at Sacred Heart Church, 3637 S. Kinnickinni Ave., in Milwaukee on the morning of April 4th, 1959, at 10:00 o’clock in the presence of relatives and friends.
The bride was attended by her cousin, Miss Barbara Schwaab as maid of honor, and Mrs. Shirley Phillips, her sister, and Miss Genevieve Lato, sister of the groom, as bridesmaids. Little Diane Orlinski, niece of the bride, served as flower girl.
Best man was Chester Kosik, cousin of the groom. Austin Phillips Jr. and Dennis Nickel, brother-in-law and brother of the bride, were ushers.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was attired in a gown of Chantilly lace with scalloped leaf neckline, long sleeves and altar train crown. She wore a pearled headpiece and fingertip veil hemmed with Chantilly lace. Her wedding bouquet was a white orchid and carnations surrounded by white roses.
Her attendants wore blue organdy dresses with satin bows in back and blue satin slips. They wore blue crown headpieces with pearls and short eye-length veils, and carried oval bouquets of red and white roses and carnations tied with blue ribbon.
The wedding breakfast, supper and reception were given at Al’s Greenfield Hall with Mary Benz catering service attending.
The bride attended John Dewey Jr. High and West Allis Central, and has been employed as tabulator by Line Material Co. of Milwaukee. The groom attended Thorp High School and at present is in the service as helicopter mechanic of the U.S. Army.
The happy couple will reside at 3590 N. 36th St., Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs