BioM: Kowieski, Jule Ann (1959)

Contact:stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

 

Surnames: Kowieski, Tomaszkiewicz, Herman, Hammer, Cade, Cwiklinski, Nowak, Fuccilo, Misfeldt, Garb, Laseman

 

----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.)  05/07/1959

 

Kowieski, Jule Ann (4 APR 1959)

 

On the 4th of April, 1959, at St. Francis Church in Chicago, Ill., Miss Jule Ann Kowieski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Kowieski, became the bride of Mr. Raymond Tomaszkiewicz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jos. Tomaszkiewicz Sr., in a double ring ceremony.  Rev. Raymond Carey officiated at the eleven o’clock Mass.

 

Miss Jule entered the church escorted by her father.  She wore a five tiered embroidered white tulle dress with a fitted bodice and a scalloped portrait neckline.  Her veil was fingertip in length of illusion net fastened to a band of tulle over satin.  Her bouquet was made of two white orchids with stephanotis.  She wore culture pearl earrings which was a gift of the groom.

 

Her attendants, who were attired in green taffeta dresses ballerina length, were Misses Arlene Hammer, Beverly Cade, Betty Laseman, and Carol Cwiklinski, friends of the bride.  They carried cascade bouquets of yellow plamerias and ivy.  Their head dresses were of green tulle fastened to a band of tulle over satin.  They wore the bride’s gift of earrings in a gold leaf motif with a cultured pearl.

 

Miss Robin Herman, cousin of the bride, was the flower girl.  She was dressed in a short dress and headdress similar to the bridesmaids and carried a bouquet identical to theirs.

 

Mr. Chester Tomaszkiewicz was his brother’s best man.  Mr. James Kowieski, brother of the bride, Peter Nowak and Leo Fuccilo, friends of the groom, served as the ushers.

 

Garry Tomaszkiewicz, nephew of the groom, was the ring bearer.  They were attired as was the groom in gray dinner jackets and black trousers.  Their boutonnieres were white carnations, while the groom’s was stephanotis.

 

Mrs. Robert Herman of Thorp, aunt to the bride, sang "On This Day, O Beautiful Mother," as Jule place a bouquet of white chrysanthemums on the altar of the Blessed Virgin.

 

Masters Thomas Misfeldt of Thorp, cousin to the bride, and Corby Garb, nephews of the groom, were the altar boys.

 

The bride’s mother wore a turquoise wool crepe dress with a short jacket and a flowered hat to match, with beige accessories.  Her corsage was a pink orchid.

 

The mother of the groom wore a blue lace dress and white accessories, and a white orchid.

 

Breakfast was served at Heck’s Hall to sixty-five guests.  The evening reception, at which about 400 guests were received, was held at the Ironsides Post with Mattie Madura’s orchestra playing.

 

The young couple will reside in Chicago, Ill.

 

Out of town guests for the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. C. Herman, Mr. and Mrs. C. Misfeldt and family, Mrs. and Mrs. R. Herman and family, Mrs. Theresa Pease and sons, Miss Jeanne Herman, Mrs. John Kowieski, Mr. and Mrs. Paul Kowieski and family, Mrs. Victor Jarocki and Patsy, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Polnaszek, all of Thorp, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Younkins, great-great uncle and aunt of the bride, and Mr. and Mrs. Vincent McCloskey from Pittsburgh, Pa., Mrs. Villemonte Stoker and daughter Patsy of Madison, Wis., Mrs. S.J. Manikci Sr. of Hartland, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Bob Bohrman, Mr. and Mrs. Paul Manicke and Mr. and Mrs. Leon Gorski of Waukesha, Wis., and Mr. and Mrs. Ed Kowieski and children from South Haven, Mich., Mr. Albert Bukowski from Sobieski, Wis., and relatives and friends from the suburbs of Chicago.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE