BioM: Anderson, Sharon (1959)
Surnames: Anderson, Bobb, Pitt, Vetterkind, Schultze
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/02/1959
Anderson, Sharon (JUN 1959)
Miss Sharon Anderson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Anderson, became the bride of Edward Bobb, son of Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Bobb, in a double ring ceremony at 2:00 p.m., at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Rev. R. Olson officiating.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a white chiffon nylon lace trimmed gown with embroidery nylon lace styled with a scalloped neckline. Her fingertip veil was held by a crown of iridescents and seed pearls, and she carried a bouquet of red and white sweetheart roses.
The matron of honor, Mrs. Don Pitt, cousin of the groom, wore a white nylon dress with blue flower trim. Her headband was of blue and white lace and she carried a bouquet of blue and white carnations. Miss Nancy Anderson was her sister’s bridesmaid, wearing a gown styled exactly like the matron of honor, and also carried a bouquet of blue and white carnations.
Don Pitt and Richard Vetterkind, cousins of the groom, were the groom’s attendants. Ushers were: John Anderson, brother of the bride, and Tom Bobb, brother of the groom.
The home of the bride’s parents was decorated in blue and white carnations and white bells for the reception for 175 guests.
Miss Linda Tieman sang "Oh Perfect Love" and "The Lord’s Prayer," accompanied on the organ by Mrs. Wm. Boardman. Miss Diane Schultze was in charge of the guest book and Mrs. Minnie Anderson cut and served the wedding cake. A shower was given the young couple on May 30th at the home of the bride’s parents.
The bride’s mother wore a black and white nylon dress with white accessories and the groom’s mother wore a light blue dress with white accessories and each wore a corsage of red and white roses.
The bride and groom, both graduates of Thorp High School, will make their home on his father’s farm where he is employed in farming.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs