BioM: Wargolet, Estelle (1959)
Surnames: Le Chevalier, Wargolet, Lato, Mamayek, Borczkowski, Javore, Vandoske, Osowski, Mroz
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/09/1959
Wargolet, Estelle (20 JUN 1959)
Honeymooning in the western states are the recently married Mr. and Mrs. Delbert Le Chevalier, who were married June 20th, 1959 at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church. Rev. Francis Disher officiated at the 10 o’clock double ring ceremony. The church altars were decorated with mock orange, peonies and gladiolas.
The bride, Estelle Wargolet, is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Wargolet of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Le Chevalier of Milwaukee.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was attired in a floor length gown of Schifflie embroidered tulle fashioned with a bateau neckline, long sleeves and a chapel sweep train. Her waist length veil was attached to a scalloped half-crown trimmed in iridescents and pearls. She carried an orchid with sprays of lilies of the valley.
Miss Jean Le Chevalier, Milwaukee, sister of the groom and maid of honor, wore a spring blue ruffled flocked nylon gown, floor length, with a matching blue half flowered edoche hat with nose veil. Miss Pat Lato, Thorp, cousin of the bride and second bridesmaid, wore a pale yellow gown and matching hat. Miss Pat Mamayek, Milwaukee, cousin of the bride and bridesmaid, wore a gown of orchid with a matching hat, both styled the same as that of the first bridesmaid. They carried bouquets of white carnations forming a pinwheel centered with colored roses that matched their gowns.
The groom chose Stanley Wargolet Jr., brother of the bride, as his best man. The other two attendants, Ray Le Chevalier of Detroit, brother of the groom and Howie Borczkowski of Milwaukee, friend of the couple, wore white jacket tuxedoes with colored carnation boutonnieres, each match the bridesmaid gowns.
Ushers for the occasion were Lloyd Vandoske and Ralph Javore, of Milwaukee. Hostesses were Mrs. Jack Osowski and Mrs. Felix Mroz.
Gifts for the bridal party were white Sunday Missals for the bridesmaids and black Sunday Missals for the men. The bride’s gift from the groom was cultured pearl earrings and necklace with diamond settings, and a prayer book. The groom’s wedding gift was a prayer book.
The bride’s mother wore a pink lace dress with white accessories and an orchid corsage.
Breakfast and a 5:30 reception for about 500 guests was held at the St. Hedwig’s Hall. Music was furnished by the Bloomer Valley Dutchmen.
The couple will make their home in Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs