BioM: Olichwier, Delores J. (1959)
Surnames: Olichwier, Foster, Moczarny, Ignasiak, Haas, Gadke, Johnson
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/24/1959
Olichwier, Delores J. (5 SEP 1959)
St. Mary’s Church at Junction was the setting chosen by Miss Delores Jean Olichwier of Milwaukee as she exchanged her wedding vows with Leonard Foster, also of Milwaukee, on Saturday, Sept. 5th, 1959 at 10 o’clock a.m. Parents of the couple are: Mr. and Mrs. Edward Olichwier, 209 E. 5th. Ave., Stanley, and Mr. and Mrs. John Foster of Rt. 3, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). The Rev. Edward Masalewicz officiated at the double ring nuptials before an altar which was adorned with beautiful bouquets of mixed gladioli and a large number of friends and relatives attended the ceremony.
The bride who was given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of floor length which was of floral lace and net over tissue taffeta. The fitted bodice of lace featured a scalloped neckline trimmed with sequins and pearls. The bouffant skirt front was of all lace and the back was of all net ruffles from hipline down.
Her Queen Elizabeth crown trimmed with sequins and pearls held her silk illusion veil trimmed with floral appliques in place. She carried a bouquet of red and white roses with stephanotis and ivy.
Miss Mary Ann Moczarny, cousin of the bride, was maid of honor. Her gown of orchid nylon net and lace with matching lace jacket was floor length and she wore a large matching nylon hat which was trimmed with pearls and satin ribbons. She carried a cascade bouquet of orchid carnations.
The bridesmaids were Miss Jacqueline Foster, sister of the groom, Marilyn Olichwier, sister-in-law of the bride, and Loretta Ignasiak, friend of the couple. They wore gowns in green, blue, and yellow, styled identically as the one worn by Miss Moczarny. They also wore matching hats and carried bouquets of carnations to match their gowns.
A niece of the groom, Karen Haas, was flower girl. She was dressed in a gown designed by her mother, identically as the bridal gown. She carried a miniature bouquet of red and white roses. David Olichwier, nephew of the bride, was dressed in a white dinner jacket and black trousers, carried a white satin pillow which the bride designed herself, was the ring bearer.
Marvin Foster, brother of the groom, was the best man. Dennis Olichwier, Alois Olichwier, brother of the bride, and Bill Gadke, friend of the groom, were the groomsmen. Fred Johnson, brother-in-law of the groom, and Gerald Olichwier, brother of the bride, ushered the guests to their seats.
The groom wore a white dinner jacket and black trousers and a white rose boutonniere, and the other gentlemen wore yellow jackets with black trousers with white carnations boutonnieres.
A reception for six hundred guests was held at the city auditorium. Decorations were in white, orchid, green, blue and yellow.
The bride’s mother wore a charcoal gray sheath dress trimmed with large nylon, white and grey color for the wedding. The groom’s mother wore a two piece blue dress. Their corsages were of red roses.
The young couple will be at home after Sept. 12, following their wedding trip through northern Wisconsin, at 2437 A. North 34th St., Milwaukee. Both young people attended Stanley High School and are employed in Milwaukee.
Guests were present at the wedding from Thorp, Stanley, Sheldon, Jump River, Milwaukee, Menomonee Falls, Sheboygan, Gilman, Dancy, Brown Deer Road, Green Bay, Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls, Wis., Wheaton, River Grove, Franklin Park and Shiller Park, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs