BioM: Ogurek, Ramona (1959)
Surnames: Ogurek, Szczech, Kotecki, Kwiesielewicz, Szymanski, Symbal, Konieczny
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 11/12/1959
Ogurek, Ramona (26 SEP 1959)
A beautiful fall wedding took place at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church at 11:15 o’clock on the morning of Sept. 26, 1959, when Ramona Ogurek, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Ogurek Sr., was united in marriage to Francis J. Szczech, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Szczech, all of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). The double ring ceremony was performed by Rev. Disher.
The bride was given in marriage by her father before the beautifully decorated altar of pompons and carnations.
The bride was beautifully attired in a floor length gown of white Chantilly lace over taffeta, with clusters of iridescent sequins. Her fingertip veil was held in place by a beaded lace crown. The dress was fashioned and sewed by her mother. Her bouquet was fashioned in the shape of a cross, which contained an orchid and stephanotis. She wore, as a gift from the groom, a cultured pearl necklace and earrings to match.
The matron of honor was Mrs. Dorothy Ogurek, Chicago, sister-in-law of the bride, who was attired in an iridescent copper colored dress. The chrome spun taffeta dress Dorothy wore had a wide stand out collar, which softly draped over the shoulder, and a very full skirt set off at the waistline with a pleated cummerbund with a large back bow. The large picture hat she wore matched the dress.
The other bridesmaids were Miss Carol Szczech, Milwaukee; Mrs. Frank Kotecki, thorp, both sisters of the groom, and Miss Joanne Kwiesielewicz, Lublin, cousin of the bride. The bridesmaids wore dresses and hats of royal blue color, identical to that of the matron of honor. They wore cultured pearl necklace and earrings, gifts of the bride. The dresses and hats were styled and sewn by the groom’s sister, Miss Carol Szczech. They carried bouquets of copper colored daisy chrysanthemums fashioned in the shape of a cross.
The flower girl, Sandra Ogurek, sister of the bride, wore a white lace floor length gown similar to that of the bride, and carried a basket of chrysanthemums. Ring bearer was George Konieczny Jr., nephew of the groom.
Attending the groom were Mr. George Ogurek Jr., Chicago, as best man; Mr. John Szymanski, Milwaukee; Mr. Frank Kotecki, Thorp; Mr. Ronald Symbal, Grays Lake, Ill. The groom and his attendants wore midnight blue tuxedos with white carnation boutonnieres. They received cufflinks and tie clasps as gifts from the groom.
The bride’s mother wore a satin royal blue dress with sequins and the groom’s mother wore a navy blue dress of acetate crepe with white lace. Both mothers wore corsages of copper colored chrysanthemums.
The wedding dinner was served at the St. Hedwig’s Hall in Thorp to about 200 guests followed by a supper and reception for about 500 guests.
During the ceremony, the St. Hedwig’s Choir sang, with Al Ciolkosz as organist. Miss Joan Novobielski and Mrs. Dave Mamayek sang "Ave Maria." Mrs. Leon Kaczmarek sang "Mother at Thy Feet I’m Kneeling," while the bride place a bouquet of white mums at the Blessed Virgin’s altar.
The couple spent two weeks honeymooning in northern Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Indiana, and are now residing on a farm with the groom’s parents.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs