Obit: Wachsmuth, Edwin R. (1881 - 1961)
Surnames: Wachsmuth, Cramer, Harris, Erbe, Jakel
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 08/31/1961
Wachsmuth, Edwin R. (13 JUL 1881 - 20 AUG 1961)
Edwin R. Wachsmuth, a former resident of the Owen and Curtiss (Clark Co., Wis.) communities for nearly 60 years, until his retirement in 1954, was returned here for burial after passing away at the home of a daughter in St. Paul, Minn.
Funeral services were held Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 23, 1961, for Edwin Wachsmuth, 80, who passed away on the 20th of August at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Gerald Harris, with whom he had been making his home in St. Paul since 1954. His death was due to complications of old age.
Services were held at the Hoeper and Kraut Funeral Home. Rev. James Stone of the Alliance Church officiated, with burial being made at Riverside Cemetery. Pallbearers were C.E. Beck, Harry Dempsey, Lawrence Clark, Julius Johnson, John Bacon and Albert Klessig.
The deceased was born July 13, 1881 in Wisconsin, moving to the Curtiss community as a youth with his parents, the late Mr. and Mrs. Henry Wachsmuth. He and the former Ella Cramer exchanged marriage vows Dec. 2, 1912 at Neillsville. In 1919 the couple settled on a farm near Curtiss where they resided for several years prior to moving to Owen. Here he worked for years as a carpenter and contractor prior to opening a shoe store and repair shop, which he operated until he decided upon retirement after the death of his wife in 1954, and moved to St. Paul to make his home with his daughter and son-in-law.
Survivors include the one daughter, Mrs. Gerald (Beatrice) Harris, two grandchildren; two sisters, Mrs. S. Erbe, Lake Geneva, Wis., and Mrs. William Jakel, Curtiss, and three brothers, Albert, Mobile, Ala., Hugo, Milwaukee and Leo of Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs