BioM: Zalabsky, Agnes (1963)
Surnames: Zalabsky, Anderson, Keith
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 11/14/1963
Zalabsky, Agnes (28 SEP 1963)
A 7:00 candlelight ceremony united Miss Agnes Zalabsky, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Zalabsky, to Neill Harold Anderson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Anderson of Barronett on Saturday evening, Sept. 28, 1963, at St. Katherines’s Episcopal Church. The nuptials were read by Father Richard Hewetson with only the immediate families in attendance. White gladioli adorned the altar as the bride was given in marriage by her father. Miss Jane Westendorf played the organ.
For her wedding the bride chose a gown of lustrous skinner satin fashioned with a fitted bodice and a modified bell skirt. The floor length gown featured a train which fell softly from the shoulders. Her pillbox hat of matching satin was trimmed with seed pearls to which was attached a full bouffant veil of fine silk illusion. She wore a solitary pearl with matching earrings, a gift from the groom. Her flowers consisted of a cascade of red roses with streamers to which rose buds were attached.
Attending the bride as matron of honor was her sister, Mrs. Thomas Keith of Siren. She wore a gown of French blue satin, street length, which was styled with a fitted bodice and cap sleeves. The skirt gave a paneled overskirt effect over contrasting royal blue satin. The headpiece was a narrow circlet of matching French blue satin with a matching nose veil. She carried a basket of white mums.
Attending the groom as best man was Jerome Anderson, a brother of the groom. They both wore dark business suits.
The bride’s mother attended the wedding in a medium blue knit suit with black accessories, while the groom’s mother wore a cranberry colored dress with black accessories. Their corsages were white and yellow mums.
Serving as usher was Frank Zalabsky, brother of the bride.
Following the wedding a wedding dinner was served in the dining room of St. Katherine’s church for the bridal party and immediate relatives. The tables were decorated with cut red roses centered with the wedding cake which also was decorated with dark red roses.
After a honeymoon trip which took them to eastern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula the newlyweds made their home in Barronett.
The bride is a graduate of the class of 1959 from the Owen-Withee Public School. She attended Wis. state College in La Crosse for one year and for the past three eyars had been employed as a bookkeeper in the financial department for Cargill, Inc. in Minneapolis.
The groom is a graduate from Sheel Lake Public School in 1956 and served witht eh U.S. Army two years. He is now in the occupation of farming in rural Barronett.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs