Obit: Turnquist, Julia #2 (1881 - 1965)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Turnquist, Johnson, Hendrickson, Axelson, Tell, Bertz, Felix, Wilcox, Davis, Weisgerber, Beier, Campbell, Smith, Huntzicker, Myhrwold
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) September 23, 1965
Turnquist, Julia (19 February 1881 - 14 September 1965)
Mrs. Adolph Turnquist, 84, lifelong resident of Greenwood died September 14, in Neillsville, where she had been a surgical patient for two weeks.
Mrs. Turnquist, nee Julia Hendrickson, was born to Victor and Anna Helen (Johnson) Turnquist on February 19, 1881, in the Town of Warner. She was married June 3, 1903, to Adolph Turnquist. He died July 28, 1960. The Turnquist’s celebrated their golden wedding in 1953.
After their marriage they lived in the city of Greenwood for three years, and from 1906 until 1921 they lived south of Greenwood on the Huntzicker farm. Since then she had resided on the farm 3 ½ miles northeast of here. She was a member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church and the American Lutheran church women.
Surviving are four daughters, Mrs. E. H. (Helen) Axelson of Chicago, Ill., Mrs. Paul (Vera) Tell of Palatine, Ill., Mrs. Jerome (Ruth) Bertz of Loyal, and Mrs. John (Verdelle) Felix of Greenwood; five grandchildren; four brothers, John Hendrickson of Clarkston, Wash., Oxil of Asotin, Wash., Donald of Lewiston, Ida.; and Roy of California; and seven sisters, Mrs. Maria Wilcox of Cadott, Mrs. Sophia Davis, of Boise, Ida., Mrs. Viola Weisgerber of Walla Walla, Wash., Mrs. Fred (Ruth) Beier of Denver, Colo., Mrs. Helen Campbell of Clarkston, Wash., Mrs. Archie (Esther) Smith of Connell, Wash., and Miss Agnes Hendrickson of Lewiston, Ida.
Funeral services were held Saturday from Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Greenwood. The Rev. Arvid Myhrwold officiated. Burial was made in the Greenwood Cemetery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs