BioM: Schmidt, Marie (1958)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Schmidt, Waldhauser
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, WI 28 June 1958)
Schmidt, Marie (21 June 1958)
A 9:30 wedding in St Anthony’s Catholic Church, Loyal, Saturday morning united in marriage Miss Marie D. Schmidt, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Schmidt, R. 2 Spencer, and Lawrence J. Waldhauser, son of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Waldhauser, R. 2, Loyal. The Rev. Norbert King officiated.
The bride’s gown was styled with five ruffled layers extending into a chalel length train. A scalloped off-the-shoulder neckline and long sleeves complimented the bodice. A pearl crown held her veil of tulle and she carried red and white roses and a prayer book which was a gift from her mother.
The bride chose her sister, Dorothy Schmidt, as maid of honor and another sister, Evelyn Schmidt, Delores Lindner, cousin of the bride, Florence Schimmer, and Mardene Worchel, as bridesmaids. Barbara Zak of Highland Park, Ill., was junior bridesmaid. She wore white organdy over taffeta and carried white carnations. The other attendants wore gowns of powder blue ruffled net over taffeta with matching hats and carried white and pink carnations.
Charlotte Schmidt, a cousin of the bride was flower girl and wore white ruffles over taffeta. Richard Zak, Highland Park, Ill., was ring bearer.
Attending the groom were his brother, Norman Waldhauser, as best man, and Jerome Schmidt and Donald Schmidt, brothers of the bride, Harold Kaiser and Matt Johanek as groomsmen. William Horn, cousin of the bride, and Andrew Schmidt, Jr., brother of the bride, were ushers.
Both the bride and groom are graduates of the Loyal High School and the groom attends the University of Wisconsin. When they return from a honeymoon in northern Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, New York and Canada they will live in Madison.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs