Obit: Schlinsog, Martha (1892 - 1967)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Schlinsog, Scheller, Montgomery, Michaelis, Mesar, Guk, DeLeske, Schuette, Starck, Sorg, Gotter, Hillert, Nickel, Riesner, Garbisch, Bradke
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 7/27/1967
Schlinsog, Martha (- 22 July 1967)
Funeral services were held Tuesday afternoon from Zion Lutheran Church in Granton for Mrs. Albert (Martha) Schlinsog, 75, of Rt. 2 Granton, who died Sunday in Neillsville. The Rev. T. P. Bradke of Marshfield officiated, with burial taking place in the parish cemetery.
Mrs. Schlinsog, the former Martha Scheller was born May 21, 1892, in Boyd, where she attended school. At the age of 21 the family moved to the Granton area, where she had since resided. On November 12, 1914, she was married in Granton to Albert Schlinsog. They were engaged in farming.
She is survived by her husband; and two children, Paul Schlinsog and Mrs. Allen (Lydia) Montgomery, both of Rt. 2 Granton; six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral arrangements were made by the Georgas Funeral Home.
Pallbearers were: Ed and Walter Schlinsog, Richard Hillert, Ray Nickel, Arnold Guk and Allen Riesner.
“What a Friend we Have in Jesus” and “Just as I am” were sung by the Misses Elsie and Janet Garbisch, accompanied by Mrs. Leland Garbisch. People from out-of-town attended were: Mr. and Mrs. Allen Montgomery, Jr. and family of Wichita, Kans.; Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Michaelis of Oshkosh; Mrs. William Mesar of Marathon; Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Guk, Wilbur Schlinsog and Mrs. Leon DeLeske of Marshfield; Hugo Schuette of Curtiss; Miss Connie Schlinsog of Menasha; Mrs. Albert Starck and James Starck of Augusta; Mrs. Laura Sorg of Elk Mound; Mr. and Mrs. Louis Schaller and Walter Schaller of Chippewa Falls; Peter Schaller of Boyd and Mr. and Mrs. F. E. Gotter of Loyal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs