|Collins, Helen (1894 - 1931)|
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner 12/17/1931
OBITUARY OF MRS. D. V. COLLINS
Mrs. Helen (Kippenhan) Collins, daughter of John and Minnie Kppenhan, was born March 17, 1894. Her early life was spent on a farm near Greenwood, Clark County. She received her education in the school of District No. 1 in the Town of Mead and in the religious school conducted by the West Side Reformed congregation. She was received into membership of the West Side Reformed Church by the rite of confirmation, April 17, 1908.
In the year of 1915 she went to Chicago, where she was engaged in the millinery business. On Dec. 27, 1921 she was united in marriage with Daniel Valentine Collins. They have since made their home in Philadelphia, Pa.
Mrs. Collins transferred her church membership to a Presbyterian Church there and besides her interest in their work she also kept up her interest in the Reformed Church. Mrs. Collins has been ill for some time but her death came suddenly on Monday, Dec. 7, 1931.
Besides her husband, she leaves to mourn her death her parents, seven brothers, John and Roland of Appleton Theodore, Edwin, August, Arthur and Carl of Greenwood and five sisters, Hilda, Louis and Lydia of Appleton Cilla of Neillsville and Emma of Milwaukee, besides a number of other relatives and friends.
Mrs. Collins had reached the age of 37 years, 8 months and 20 days.
Funeral services were conducted at the Immanuel Reformed Church on the West Side, Saturday afternoon, Rev. P. H. Franzmeier officiating. Rev. Benj. Stuki preached the English sermon and Rev. E. Franz a German sermon. Interment was made in the West Side Cemetery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs