Obit: Adamec, Anton J. (1911 - 1990)



----Source: Tribune-Record-Gleaner (Clark County, Wis.) 04/11/1990

Adamec, Anton J. (1911 - 1990)

Anton J. Adamec, 78, Route 2, Neillsville, died Thrusday, April 5, 1990, at 7:20 p.m., at St. Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield. Funeral services were held Monday, April 9, 1990, at Gesche Funeral Home, Neillsville. Rev. Thomas LaChapelle officiated. Burial was in Neillsville City Cemetery. Family served as pallbearers.

Anton Adamec was born June 14, 1911, at Komensky TWP, Jackson County, to John and Anna (Linhart) Adamec. He was education in Clark and Jackson Counties. After his education he worked in Chicago for the railroad. He returned to Clark County to the Town of Levis and began farming. He married Ann Sojka from Hiles, Wood County, WI, on November 26, 1938, in Neillsville. He started Farmers Union Feed Mill in 1946 and retired from the mill and farming in 1973.

Surviving him are his wife, two sons, Anton William, Lake Orion, Mich. John Wencil who lives in Albert Lea, Minn. one daughter, Mrs. Edward (Marian Christine) Genteman, Neillsville two sisters, Mrs. Emma Blazejousky, Hatfield Mrs. Jerry (Betty) Lorenz, Sun City, Ariz. eight grandchildren, four step-grandchildren and four step-great-grandchildren.

Preceding him in death were his parents, and three sisters.

Gesche Funeral Home, Inc., was in charge of the arrangements.



Family Notes:


Anton attended the Meadow View School and afterward worked in the moss marshes in City Point, WI.  From 1929 to 1934, he worked for the railroads in Chicago, IL.  In 1934, he returned to Levis, WI and purchased and eighty acre farm in section 23 in September of that year.  In 1939, they purchased an additional forty aces just across from their original property, also in section 23.  In '42, they bought another forty.  Besides farming, Anton was an assistant manager at the Union Co-op where he worked for twenty-seven years.  He also served as treasurer for the Meadow View School Board and served on the building committee of the newly merged Pine View School in 1961.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel