Obit: Brekke, Eugene H. (1929 - 1991)
Surnames: BREKKE STINSON RINKA KELLER MOHR STOUGHTON BOYER
----Source: Tribune-Record-Gleaner (Clark
County, Wis.) 01/30/1991
Brekke, Eugene H. (1929 - 1991)
Eugene H. Brekke, DVM, 61, Neillsville, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 1991, at St. Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield. Funeral services were held Wednesday, Jan. 23, 1991, at 9:30 a.m. at Gesche Funeral Home, Inc., Neillsville. Rev. James Gordon and Father Joseph Henseler officiated.
An 11 a.m. mass was held at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Neillsville. Burial was in St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery with military graveside rites. Pallbearers were Lowell R. Gesche, Ed Christensen, Howard Sturtz II, Frank Thomas, Elton Imig, and John Selz. Honorary pallbearer was Michael Brennan.
Eugene H. Brekke was born Oct. 24, 1929, in Stevens Point, to Allen and Celia (nee Stinson) Brekke. He received his education at Central State Teachers College, Stevens Point graduated from Michigan State University in 1951 with a BS and then graduated from Michigan State in 1954 with a DVM. He married Corrine A. Rinka Sept. 12, 1953, in Stevens Point. She survives. After school, he entered the service as a first lieutenant in the Army Veterinary Corp and served from 1954 56. He then came to Neillsville and began his practice July 10, 1956. He continued his work here until his death. He was a member of Calvary Lutheran Church, Neillsville Neillsville Men s Club, Haugen-Richmond American Legion Post 73, Neillsville and was a Mid-Wisconsin Neillsville Bank Board Director.
Survivors include his wife his mother three daughters, Mrs. Larry (Bonnie) Keller, Neillsville Mrs. Allen (Debra) Mohr, Neillsville Mrs. Thomas (Jane) Ringstad, Stoughton three sons, Bill A. Brekke, Milwaukee John T. Brekke, Plume City, Maryland and Tim E. Brekke, Neillsville one sister, Mrs. Jim (Barbara) Boyer, Stevens Point two brothers, Allen Brekke, Stevens Point and Lee Brekke, Stevens Point and 12 grandsons.
He is preceded in death by his father.
Gesche Funeral Home, Inc., handled the arrangements.
Stevens Point , Wisconsin Central State Teachers' College
In 1927 Stevens Point Normal School became Central State Teachers College and began offering four-year teaching degrees. When post-World War II enrollment became less centered on teacher training and more focused on liberal arts education, the Wisconsin State Legislature intervened, elevating the school to a Wisconsin State College with the authority to grant bachelor's degrees in liberal arts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs