Obit: Landry, Dr. Howard P. (1891 - 1962)
Surnames: Landry, Hyslop, Cote, Krampeter
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 04/26/1962
Landry, Dr. H.P. (11 MAY 1891 - 21 APR 1962)
Dr. H.P. Landry, 71, dentist at Cadott, Wis., died suddenly at about two p.m. Saturday afternoon at his dental office from a heart attack. Dr. Landry was last seen alive that afternoon when he visited the drug store near his office. His body was found on the couch in his waiting room, where he had apparently been resting.
Dr. Landry was born in Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) on May 11, 1891. He was a graduate of Thorp High School and the Northwest Dental School in Chicago in 1917. He settled in Cadott as a dentist shortly after graduation.
He was married to Faye Hyslop in Eau Claire on Oct. 6, 1926.
Dr. Landry was vice chairman of the Chippewa County Board of Supervisors, vice president and director of the Citizens State Bank of Cadott, served for a long period as clerk of the Cadott School District, was a member of the Abraham Lincoln Fellowship of Wisconsin, and a member of the State Board of Dental Examiners. He had served as president of the Cadott Chamber of Commerce and the Lions Club and was with the Army Dental Corps during World War I.
Surviving are his wife, Faye; one son, James of Cadott; one daughter, Mrs. Jeannine Cote, Escanaba, Mich.; two brothers, Wallace of Oakridge, Tenn., and Harry J. of Wis. Dells, a sister, Mrs. Belle Krampeter, Gary, Ind., and two grandchildren.
Funeral services were held at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, Rev. Joseph Wagner officiating.
Northwest Dental School in Chicago in 1917
Setonia Braun of Greenwood, WI sent a postcard to Mr. Howard P. Landry, 142 E. Ontario St., Chicago, IL (Feb 1915).
He had graduated from Thorp, High School and later practiced dentistry in Cadott, WI [Click to View]
Postcard sent from Elisa to H. P. Landry (1915)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs