News: Lindsey (9 Feb 1912)

Contact: Verna (Welk) Quicker

Surnames: Kettle, Kramer Sepos

----Source: The Granton News (Granton, Clark Co., Wis.) 2/9/1912

On Thursday morning it was found that the large chimney which affords draft for the furnace at the Kettle residence was on fire and investigation showed about 10 feet so completely filled with sediment that the smoke and gas escaped through the house. The family watched all day with no other means of warmth than an oil stove. About 8 o’clock in the evening the fire found draft through the chimney and it became so hot as to set fire to the casings and timbers between floors. Meantime a dozen men had gathered and by hard work subdued the fire. The handsome house is so permeated with smoke that it will take a thorough renovating to become habitable again. The building is insured in the Lynn Mutual and the claim has been adjusted.

Died February 1st at the J. Kramer home Max Sepos of Chicago. The funeral services were held Sunday at the M. E. church by the pastor. Interment took place at the Nasonville cemetery. The young man was a victim of tuberculosis. He was 21 years old.

The dance at the Lindsey hall Friday night was called off. There being too much excitement and trouble in the community for any one to care to go.




© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel