Bio: Schuttelhofet, Anton Theodore, Father
Contact: R. Lipprandt
Source 1: Medford Area Centennial Book, 1874 - 1974, Holy Rosary Catholic Church, page 71
Source 2: Informational history appeared in the Catholic Herald Citizen, October 31, 1953
Schuttelhofet, Anton Theodore, Father
In 1877, Father Anton Theodore Schuttelhofet, apostolic missionary, became the first resident pastor at Medford.
The first baptism he had at Medford was December 25, 1877.
He organized the parish, and under his direction the first church, a small frame building, having a seating capacity of 125 person was erected.
A house was also purchased which served as a parochial residence until 1894.
His last baptism at Medford is recorded on May 9, 1881.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.