Obit: Pinkert, Alvina (1881 - 1949)
Surnames: Pinkert, Haberkorn, Schwark, Schultz, Peterson, Spielman, Gapanowicz, Dale, Brook
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/20/1949
-Pinkert, Alvina (16 FEB 1881 - 29 SEP 1949)
(From our Hannibal Correspondent)
Mrs. William Pinkert, 68, a resident of Hannibal since November 1918, passed away at the hospital at Medford on Sept. 29, 1949, after an illness of three months.
Alvina Haberkorn was born in Williamsburg, Milwaukee Co., Wis., on Feb. 16, 1881. She was united in marriage to William Pinkert on Oct. 3, 1903 at Mequon, Wis. They came to Hannibal in November 1918 where she has since resided.
Besides her husband she is survived by five sons, Leslie, Hannibal, William Jr., Kenosha, Elroy, Medford, Alvin, Eau Claire and Oliver of Kenosha; seven daughters, Clara Schwark, Waukesha, Viola, Schultz, Port Washington, Ada Peterson, Medford, Margaret Spielman, Vesper, Evelyn Gapanowicz, Kenosha, Eleanor Dale, Deforest and Irene Brooks of Jump River; two brothers, Arthur Haberkorn of Milwaukee and Louis Haberkorn of Thiensville.
Funeral services were conducted by Rev. George E. Fisher at Hannibal at 2:00 o’clock, Sunday, Oct. 2, with interment following in the Hannibal Cemetery. Pallbearers were Fritz Eckstrom, Fred Schwark, Roy T. Warner, L. E. Truax, Alfred Usak and John Roeder. Honorary pallbearers, L.V., Keefer, Ernest Dunkel, A.R. Burss, L. E. Bethke, Alfred Keller, and Wm. Gwinn.
The choir - Carrie Burss, Ryal Burss, Gladys Granquist and Gladys Eckstrom, sang “Safe in the Arms of Jesus” and “Oh That Will Be Glory.” Mrs. Eckstrom sang a solo, “Beautiful Isle of Somewhere”, accompanied by Bessie Blazek on the piano.
Mrs. Pinkert was a member of the Presbyterian Church and also of the Ladies Aid. The profusion of beautiful flowers which banked the altar were the last tribute of many friends who hold her in loving memory.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs