Obit: See, Mary (1876 - 1979)
Contact: Ken Wood
Surnames: See, Butkus, Bornbach, Rauen, Schneider, Merkel, Cieslak, Stenson
----Source: Marshfield News Herald, Marshfield, Wood Co., WI, Sat. 24 Feb. 1979
See, Mary (4 Aug. 1876 - 23 Feb. 1979)
HEWITT - Services are set for 11 a.m. Mon. at St. Michaelís Catholic Church for Mrs. Joseph (Mary) See, 102, Hewitt. She died at 9:10 Fri. morning at her home.
St. Michaelís Choir, with Mrs. Clarice Butkus, organist, will sing the Mass of the Resurrection. The Rev. Raymond H. Bornbach will officiate. Burial will follow in St. Michaelís Cemetery. Pallbearers will be grandsons.
Friends may call after 2 p.m. Sun.and until 10 a.m. Mon. at Rembs Kundinger Chapel, Marshfield. There will be visitation at the church from 10 a.m. until time of services.
Knights of Columbus rosary will be at 7:30 p.m. Sun. St. Michaelís parish rosary at 8, and St. Michaelís Altar Rosary Society rosary at 8:15.
Mrs. See, the former Mary Rauen, was born Aug. 4, 1876 in Germany where she received her early education. At the age of 7 she came to America with her parents, Mr. and Mrs. William (Catherine Schneider) Rauen.
She did domestic work in Adams, Minn., before her marriage Feb. 1, 1897 to Joseph See at Adams. He was in the furniture and undertaking business in Adams from 1895-1901. The couple farmed there before moving in 1915 to a farm in the town of Marshfield. They retired in 1942.
They had observed their 72nd wedding anniversary Feb. 1, 1970. He died Nov. 6, 1970.
She was a member of St. Michaelís Catholic Church and its Altar Rosary Society.
Survivors include three daughters, Mrs. Anton (Margaret) Merkel of Gurnee, Ill.; Mrs. Catherine Cieslak of Evanston, Ill.; and Mrs. Victor (Anna) Stenso of Wittenberg; four sons, Philip J. of Spencer, Math of Anaheim, Calif., John of Hollywood, Fla., and Michael of Marshfield; 39 grandchildren; 160 great-grandchildren; and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
A brother, two sisters, a son, Peter, and a daughter, Mathilda, predeceased her.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs