Obit: Feigleson, Harry A. (1890 - 1961)
Contact: Ken Wood
Surnames: Ebbe, Seigler, Rabinovitch, Pearlman, Feigleson.
----Source: Marshfield News Herald, Marshfield, Wood Co., WI, Mon., 13 Feb. 1961, pg. 10 c #
Feigleson, Harry A. (6 July 1890 - 11 Feb. 1961)
Harry A. Feigleson, 70, a former Marshfield resident and a businessman in Stevens Point since 1936, died of a heart attack in St. Michael’s hospital at Stevens Point Sat.afternoon, shortly after being stricken at his home in that city.
Masonic rites will be held at the Moore and Hoppa Funeral Home in Stevens Point at 1:30 p.m. Tues.. Burial will be made in Hillside cemetery in Marshfield.
Feigleson grew up in Montreal, Canada, where his parents located shortly after his birth in Akron, Ohio on July 6, 1890. He enlisted in the Army in San Diego, Calif., and served overseas in Siberia with the American Expeditionary Forces. He became a captain.
After World War I he was a representative of the Underwood Typewriter Company in the Orient, and later held a similar position in Duluth, Minn., until he moved to Marshfield, where he was a partner in a wholesale fruit and produce business. For some time he was manager of an A & P food.
In 1936 he moved to Stevens Point and was associated with the A. L. Shafton Company, a former wholesale grocery firm. Later, he and his son William purchased and operated a sporting goods and news agency in Stevens Point, now the City News Agency.
He was married in 1924 to the former Olive Ebbe of Marshfield, who survives him. Other survivors are four sons, James E., Stevens Point; William H., Lake Geneva; Lt. Harry A. Jr., stationed with the Marine Corps in Kialua, Hawaii; and Charles O., Ceddar Rapids, Iowa; 10 grandchildren; three sisters, Mrs. Max (Ann) Rabinovitch, and Mrs. Max (Dorothy) Siegler, both of Montreal, Canada, and Mrs. Jess (Rose) Pearlman, New York City, New York; and a brother, Jack, Toronto, Canada.
Another brother, David, preceded him in death.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs