Obit: Vakoc, Ladd J. (1909 - 1985)
Surnames: Vakoc, Wisneski, Warnecke, Klemish, Steckler, Shirek
----Source: Marshfield News Herald, Marshfield, Wood Co., WI, Thur., 12 Sept. 1985 P. 8 C.5
Vakoc, Ladd J. (28 Mar. 1909 - 11 Sept. 1985)
MILLADORE - Ladd J. Vakoc, 76, of 836 County Highway H, Apt. No. 2, Milladore, died Wed. morning at his home.
Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Sat. at St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church, Milladore. The Rev. John A. Wisneski will officiate. The St. Wenceslaus Adult Choir will sing the Mass of the Resurrection, with Catherine Warnecke, organist. Nephews will serve as pallbearers. Burial will be in St. Wenceslaus Cemetery.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. Fri. at the Martens/Kundinger Funeral Home, Junction City, and from 9:30 a.m. until service time Sat. at the church.
There will be a St. Wenceslaus Vigil Service at 7:30 p.m. and a Christ the King Council No. 4646, of the Knights of Columbus Rosary service at 8:30 p.m. Fri. at the funeral home. At 10 a.m. Sat.there will be a St. Anne’s Altar Society Rosary at the church.
Mr. Vakoc was born March 28, 1909 in Verdigre, (Knox Co.) Neb., to Frank and Mary (Klemish) Vakoc. He attended Stepping Stone School in the Town of Milladore and graduated from Auburndale High School. He never married.
He was employed as a well driller and later was self-employed, in the well drilling field. He also was engaged in farming for a period of time in the town of Milladore, until his retirement. He was a member of St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church and Christ the King Council No. 4646 of the Knights of Columbus. Junction City.
Survivors are two brothers, Victor J., Green Bay, and Leonard W., Wisconsin Rapids; and two sisters, Mrs. Mary Steckler, Marshfield, and Mrs. Tillie Shirek, Junction City.
He was predeceased by his parents and two brothers.
Vakoc, Wisneski, Warnecke, Klemish, Steckler, Shirek
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs