News: Spokeville – House Fire (Dec 1914)


Surnames: Miles, Stevens

----- Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 12/24/1914

The house being occupied by William Miles and family at Spokeville (Clark Co., Wis.) was burned to the ground last Sunday morning at about 1:45 o'clock. Mr. Miles was not at home, while Mrs. and the children were fast asleep when the fire started. C. Stevens rushed to the burning home and found the family still asleep, while the bed had already caught fire, but luckily all were saved. The fire is supposed to have started from the pipes leading into the chimney. Nothing could be saved.




© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel